Ally (Jill Zarin’s Daughter) on Millionaire Matchmaker
First of all, hats off to Patti Stranger for making it to eight seasons on Bravo. I may detest the woman, but she’s hung in there despite a despicable personality, lack of success in actually making any matches, insulting her fellow bravolebrities and Bravo executives, low ratings, the list goes on and on. But she’ll be back on our small screen starting December 7. I seriously don’t mind. I enjoy an evening where I’m not even tempted to turn on Bravo.
Anyhow, this season seems to be celebrity matchmaker – and the short preview clip released by Bravo shows a lot of familiar faces – including Chris and Caroline Manzo, Sonja Morgan, Reza from Shahs, Chilli from TLC, Heidi and Spenser, Marysol Patton, Perez Hilton, and Ally Shapiro and Jill Zarin.
Last we saw Ally, she had been hunted down by her mom and a camera crew, and was humiliated on-screen as they went clothes shopping. Shortly after that she transferred colleges and moved to Nashville – far far away from Jillzy. It’s hard to believe she could be talked into appearing on this fiasco. On a positive note, the preview shows Jill reaching for her drink and inadvertently sticking a straw up her nose – so that’s good for a chuckle at least.
As for Patti, as the seasons have progressed, her show has turned into more and more of a joke. I know nothing about this woman, so I decided to see if she even had a website for her dating service company. She does – and it’s pretty slick. Every wonder what she charges (assuming there are real clients).
There are a range of basic packages:
$ 25K – 6 months of unlimited dating US/Canada
- 30 minute relationship counseling session & Patti’s commandments of dating and steps to success (aren’t those free?)
$ 45K – 1 Year of unlimited dating US/Canada
- 1 hour relationship counseling session & Patti’s commandments of dating and steps to success
$ 65K – 1 Year of unlimited dating US/Canada (Bronze Package)
- 1 hour date coaching session with the dating coach
- 1 hour image consulting session with the image consultant
- 1 hour hypnotherapy session with the hypnotherapist
$ 85K – 1 Year of unlimited dating US/Canada (Silver Package)
- 1 hour of relationship counseling with Patti Stanger
- Patti Stanger will personally match and introduce you to the love of your life (and if you tell her no – that is not the love of my life she will yell at you and insult you and send you packing)
$ 100K+ – 1 Year of unlimited dating US/Canada (Gold Package)
- This package will be fully customized to your needs including international searches and more. (Mail order bride?)
And wondering how much the add-ons cost – such as The Millionaire Matchmaker®Mixer Experience
$ 35K +Expenses – As Seen on Bravo’s Hit Show The Millionaire Matchmaker®
- One-time mixer event held at an upscale location in your city
- MC matchmakers will hand select up to 25 daters of the opposite or same sex of your choice
- Your MC matchmaker will introduce, guide you on your mini-dates
- *Expenses do not include food, alcohol, venue of mixer or hotel stay. Those must be purchased for an additional fee
To receive Patti Stanger as your personal matchmaker (along with an assistant matchmaker) there is an additional fee of a minimum of $35,000 on top of a Millionaire Matchmaker Membership Package. Patti limits her personal matchmaking to an average of 10 club members based on schedule, availability and space per year.
Veena’s note – all of the information was taken from Patti’s website.
Here is the preview clip:
Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Highlights by Veena
Good gracious the Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion has been hard to watch. With the Giudice’s just learning that they face prison time, it was about as subdued as the Season Two Atlanta Reunion that shortly followed Kandi’s ex fiance’s (AJ’s) death. There was barely a furrowed brow, much less a raised voice, and each of the six ladies seemed to have half smiles frozen on their faces as they all feigned sympathy for the Giudices. But among the hours and hours of footage there were a few slips of the tongue, glimpses of real humans behind the caked makeup and zombie-like facade, and even a few moments of levity:
10. Melissa, Kathy, and Rosie telling Dina that she should expect her relatives to return to the show and address their issues with her – because the show was a great place to work out family conflicts.
9. Teresa giving Melissa the cold shoulder through the entire reunion, as Melissa sat there and had to pretend that they were getting along.
8. Amber saying Jim had an asshole problem and people agreeing immediately, until she clarified that he had problems with assholes.
7. Teresa laughing hysterically as Andy questioned Dina about whether the show had a impact on her relationship with Jacqueline and Caroline – then when asked why she was laughing, explaining that she was glad that Andy finally acknowledged that the show did have a negative impact on people’s lives. Andy’s dumbfounded look was priceless.
6. Teresa getting a burst of energy and jumping up to tell the other ladies that “people will come on the show to hurt you – be careful,” then suddenly realizing she’s sitting beside Melissa Gorga – who came on the show just to hurt her.
5. Teresa G. asking Andy why it was insulting for Teresa (twin) to say “clink clink” and tap her wrists together. Okay – that was just sad.
4. Melissa Gorga saying something like, “When beautiful girls like Teresa (twin), or pretty girls like Amber, date rich men, people tend to think they are gold diggers.” Ouch to Amber.
3. Dina turning to Andy saying, “I thought we weren’t allowed props,” as Jim Marchese brought out his folder of evidence, spilling the beans that Andy had to BAN props – probably because of Kenya Moore.
2. Joey Gorga, Joe Giudice and Dino giggling like little girls as Jim Marchese waved around his lame folder of evidence that Bobby (gasp!) went to a few housewife cookbook or appearances prior to joining the show. Not sure if they were laughing at Jim or Bobby, probably both.
1. Teresa Giudice turning to Bobby and saying “thank you for supporting me,” as Jim Marchese waved around a photo of Bobby at one of her book signings. Specifically, watching Jim’s face deflate as she shut down his idiotic rant.
The Hobbit trailer has been released – movie will be out December 17