Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta – Season Seven Premiere

rhatl-s7-header-cast

Tonight is the season 7 premiere of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Bravo seems completely over New Jersey, and played reruns of Atlanta all day leading up to the premiere. That probably drove the New Jersey group nuts, and Amber and Bobby spent the day in a fake twitter fight trying to make people interested in them. I have an extremely low tolerance for fake twitter fight – and when I inserted myself to call BS on the whole thing – ended up being tagged in all the fake drama. Oh – the irony.

While Atlanta premieres tonight, Kenya Moore has also filmed a season of Celebrity Apprentice with arch enemy Brandi Glanville. While that doesn’t premiere until January 4th, she went on Access Hollywood to dish on both shows.

Asked about her relationship with NeNe, Kenya said it was love – hate. She loves NeNe, and NeNe hates her. She said that part of the problem is that NeNe is no longer the Queen Bee. Rumors have been swirling that even though NeNe has kept her peach, she’s now on a $250,000 per episode deal, and will be in far fewer episodes this season as a result of that. It sounds a lot like the same deal Bethenny received for New York. That probably chaffs NeNe’s britches, because unlike Bethenny, her show pulls in the ratings.

Kenya also dishes that this season is one of redemption for her – and all the lies she’s been accused of will be proven false. Like she’s crazy. Maybe that’s true. Maybe she’s just gloating that Apollo went to prison. Who knows.

We all know that in real time, Apollo headed off to federal prison for a whopping eight years for all sorts of nasty fraud charges. So far none of his co-stars are implicated, but rumors have surfaced that Apollo wore a wire and may have helped the feds get evidence on some of them (Peter Thomas’s name has surfaced more than a few times.) Phaedra has filed for divorce. From the previews it looks like Apollo agreed to be filmed before he headed off to prison – and we’ll get a glimpse of some of the real anger he exhibited as the marriage fell apart.

Porsha lost her peach. Apparently her only role this year was being NeNe’s go to girl for filming, and with NeNe MIA, Porsha was expendable.

Kandi is returning – finally a married woman.

Cynthia is going to get out of her friendship contract with NeNe, and in real time, the Peter’s Bar One has been closed down because the building was sold, which must also mean that her modeling agency had to move yet again. She and Peter both “desperate” tweet a lot on twitter. My guess things aren’t going well for them financially.

NeNe has been cast in Broadway’s Cinderella as the evil stepmother. Β She’s not making any friends, giving interviews that none of her Atlanta castmates are likely to see the show, saying her career is so far past theirs she’s left them in her dust. Β We can always count on NeNe to be gracious when things go well for her. Β I like nice NeNe, but full of herself NeNe and drunk NeNe are really difficult to stomach.

Finally, the new lady is Claudia Jordan – who has already made a favorable impression on me by politely responding to my tweet asking for a follow, and following me. It’s really not that hard to be polite to people on twitter.

So let’s all sit back, grab a bag of popcorn, and enjoy the show.

Let’s Chat!

taglines

_________________________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Atlanta, Let's Chat and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

176 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta – Season Seven Premiere

Helloooo people. πŸ™‚ I was just reading a tweet of Brandi’s trashing Kenya, calling her a whore. Well it takes a ……… πŸ˜‰

Wow – I forgot that I missed the ATL reunion last year. Apollo- the anger towards Kenya. He makes my stomach feel queasy.

Well Kenya better be careful cuz she can get the $250k per epi too and in my book she’s no Queen Bee. Kenya can gloat about Apollo if she wants but just as much as Apollo had a ha*d on for Kenya, Kenya had one for him. If they could’ve gotten away w/it they would have slept together. Yes Apollo was totally disgusting, out of place & disrespectful to Phadera, he was wrong. But Kenya w/her little games, flirting, batting her eyes was wrong too. She had no respect for Phadera. No respect for someone’s marriage. I don’t like Kenya. Yeah she does have cute little one liners but I don’t like her as a woman.

• Veena (NMD) says:

Oh boy – even with Apollo gone, Phaedra will never forgive Kenya.

I think she didn’t really want him, she just distracted him and she did it to cause problems for Phaedra. Why? Because she can. My daughter had a friend who would go after other girls’ boyfriends and then when she wd break them up, she wd act all innocent like…what? No, I don’t want to go out with you! Why did you break up with your girlfriend??? I asked her, why do you do that? Her answer? “Just to prove that I can. If some girl disrespects me, I ruin her life for a little while. Girls learn not to mess with me, cause their guys are so predictable and weak. They are so easy to control.” I acted friendly for fear she might try to steal my husband (I kid! I kid!) but I told my daughter, you cannot be friends with this person. Her jealous nature ruined their friendship. They are civil, but that’s it. Interestingly, SHE has no boyfriend and finds it very difficult to be in a real relationship. She is super intelligent, beautiful, has a super nice family, a good career,… But no luck in love. Wow, sounds like Kenya,doesn’t it?

NeNe can keep saying “bloop” and all her other sayings to and about her castmates if she wants. She hasn’t been in too deep in Hollywood yet. The closer she gets she’ll find that her attitude will close doors eventually.

Oh my – Phaedra just said that Kenya’s real problem with Christopher wife was that she was sleeping with him How did I miss all this? Oh wait – I was climbing a volcano.

6. See Veena? you miss a lot when you climb volcanos. Reason #1 to stay on the couch!

Peter “The real men in the room”
    #homophobic or not

Good lord I forgot about NeNe repeatedly calling Brandon a queen. “do I need to pull down your pants and kiss your ass,” to Andy. Seriously?

Okay OMIB – now Patti has joined in the conversation.

How wild the tag lines were available before the season opener! Claudia was not in the opening though…guess they add her later when Portia couldn’t bring it.

So glad Atlanta is back! So good to see Kandi and Todd again!

Yo !!!!!

SO glad to see

Y
      O
      U

πŸ†™πŸ†’β¬†οΈπŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†

#########FETCH

ITA! My daughter is at work in LA, she just texted me…only an hour and a half and then I can go home. I reminded her it’s Atlanta night! I think she likes the HWs cause it makes her feel closer to me. Her roomies laugh about her love of things Housewife.

Cool..so when y’all went to SUR, Guillarmo was the only person you recognized? Did the actors have the night off?!

They weren’t filming, if that’s what you mean. I didn’t expect to see them there. I actually do not think the on camera VPRules servers are still waiting tables or bartending like they did before they became reality stars. I could be wrong.

I was alluding to no actors were present = no filming….hmm, we could ask Kristen, she always tells the truth, right?! Ha.

• Laineylainey says:

Even tho I didn’t think the cast wd be there I did hope that Lisa might be there. We drove by pump and if we had more time we wd have gone there. She prob spends more time there since it’s new. So she has 3 restaurants in LA. Busy lady.

• Trashy T says:

Welcome back Tartsy… Even if it took RHOA to bring you back. I hate everyone on this show but of course I’ll watch it so I can appreciate everyone’s snark!

Okay, now that you’ve returned and MTH is joining us again I can worry about Global Warming and stuff like that. Off to do my happy dance!

13. chismosa says:

VV—-> I don’t watch VPR – but IMO I have always read and inferred that Stassi IS getting some sort of spinoff of her life in NY or bicoastal or BLAH blah.
    Maybe the πŸ‘‘ can produce and not dumb andy

• VVβ„’ says:

I think Andy likes Stassi. If she gets a spinoff is in part because of this. I just don’t see Stassi and Lisa doing a project together. Stassi is a mini-diva and fu of herself. She came back to VPR because of money and not to lose the Bravo platform.

I don’t blame Phaedra for staying away –

Nope – still don’t feel sorry for Apollo.

For the record, I did not hang out with Kenya on my world travels.

#differentsocialcircle

17. Amber...Real Wife says:

Cynthia is already puckering up to the next one….

OMG – we have the same kitchen stools that Kandi has.

19. Orson says:

I hope this doesn’t turn into another one of my meta screeds. Here goes…

1. Dina mentioned something about her praying for her nephew Nicolas’s “recovery”. That does it for me. One doesn’t “recover” from Autism. An autistic person is different, that’s all. And it’s okay to be different. But it is difficult for autistic folks to deal with things that non-autistic folks don’t mind or even notice. And it’s difficult to for family members of Autistics to figure out how to care for them without causing tear storms and melt downs. But learning to make adjustments is NOT “recovering”. And there’s no cure either. I hope at least Jac is past that misconception.

B. Jan, I’m glad you’ve returned after you stepped away to catch your breath. Now, everyone who knows me knows that I would NEVER EVER toss around salacious accusations or anything like that, right? Well, it occurred to me reading the last blog that the initials T.T., which could stand for “Texas Tart”, could also stand for “Turnip Twaddler”. So, if there’s something you want to come out of the Kitchen Cupboard about to us, that’s okay. And if you’re one of those sick, disgusting turnip twaddlers, I’d stick up for you and defend you, even though I don’t approve of preverted acts of turnip twaddling. Because I think of you as a friend. A friend I’d never leave alone with my turnips, true, but still, a friend.

LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So honored to know that despite who I pretend to be that you see beyond all things TT and we can still be friends! Still trying to learn your numbering system…can’t figure if it’s my ADD…or you mix it up to keep testing me, lol

• 1. AMEN! You are absolutely right! There is no know cause or cure for autism and many adults on the spectrum find it VERY insulting to talking about “curing” them from something they believe is a huge part of who they really are. I would like for my daughter to function in our community that is most comfortable for her and to be accepted for her she is.

B. We all missed Texas Tart and Turnip Twaddler. She rocks!

Your name! πŸ˜†

Once I got off my soapbox, I was worried I may have said it wrong and that you would be offended by what I said. I’m glad you think I got it right, because you have to live with it everyday. I’ve learned a lot about it from my friend. You might like her site: http://www.stuffwiththing.com/

I know the word ‘recovery’ is such a polarizing word in the autism community , kind of like immunizations or Hbot therapy. When I have heard the world being used, it’s generally in regards to ‘recovering’ skills or abilities that where once there but were lost in regression.

But I do have a friend whose son had a dx of autism and it was removed after years if therapy and intervention. He still doesn’t behave completely like a neurotypical child and has several ticks. His father is an Aspie so perhaps was always more on that spectrum but because he was dx-ed at a young age was non-verbal and more delayed then…it was a suitable dx when he qualified for it.

• I agree that “recovery” is an odd word in the autism community. I remember when my daughter took her first IQ test and it was ridiculously low. We then got the appropriate supports in place and started therapy. The next time she was IQ tested (3 years later) her IQ jumped 30-40 points depending on the area….did I make her smarter? NOPE! She was then better equipped to take that dumb test! If a child fully “recovers” from autism (meaning has no quirks or autistic like mannerisms), they were not correctly diagnosed to begin with!

Many people just don’t understand there’s no “curing” or “recovering”. I don’t blame Dina for saying that especially since those are types of words she’s seen her brother and SIL say on tv.

Christmas ads already? One holiday at a time please.

Yes. πŸ™‚ I do love the Target commercial w/the little girl. Target’s ad agency sure knows how to do commercial s for them

I have a friend who posted on FB that she’s sick from the Exmas commercials she’s seeing now. I told her that come December, she’ll probably want hospitalization.

21. Amber...Real Wife says:

As rude and hateful as he was multiple times on screen towards Phaedra he now wants her to go to court and play dutiful wife. TskTsk He should’ve thought about that when he was eye banging Kenya and horribly disrespecting his wife. #Karma #ShouldaKnownBetterHowToTreatAWife

Kenya boo hoo hoo. πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ Porsha was TOTALLY wrong. But I’m not feeling sorry for her months later. Sympathy vote. :/

How does Apollo still have that car? He purchased it w/stolen money. Feds can’t get the $8 grand a visit he dropped at the strip clubs but they can take that car.

I don’t give Apollo much props but I will say he at least said he’s addicted to the money as a reason unlike Joe that doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong.

I had to rewind so I’m behind. Kandi basically said after Apollo got out of jail after a harsh sentence he would have a hard time getting a job. Ok. Yup that happens. But in Apollo’s case he had a working wife. Yrs later they’re on a reality show. Opportunities have opened up for this handsome man. He was supposed to be a personal trainer. They did the fitness DVD. But cuz he was greedy he couldn’t wait for money to come in. He had opportunities that the avg black ex-convict doesn’t get so easily.

So where did Peter get money for a new biz?

Ummmmm – not her best look

How many times has NeNe been on WWHL?

29. VVβ„’ says:

WTH HAPPENED TO NENE’S FACE? SHE LOOKS TERRRIBLE 😱😱😱

(I’m reading bottom to top)

30. Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

Wait – what? Peter’s lease would survive the change of ownership on the property. Commercial buildings sell every day. The leases are not automatically terminated.

I’m calling bullshit on Peter’s excuse. The business failed. It had nothing to do with a building sale.

Yes. BS. And if Cynthia goes into biz w/him not only does she need her head examined but if she looses her money she’ll have no one to blame but herself.

• Veena (NMD) says:

What happened was that Peter was paying rent but the building owner wasn’t paying the mortgage (according to Peter) so the building went into foreclosure. Peter and Cynthia tried to buy it but were outbid – so they moved the business. BarOne should be open in a new location in a few months. They talked about possibly losing the building at the end of last season.

• Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

Leases contain clauses that protects the tenant’s rights in cases of foreclosure. Their landlord went from a private owner to the bank and the lease survives with the terms of Attornment, Subordination and Non Disturbance. They’re either lying or they had a short term lease and their financial problems pro enter them from renewing.

I used to chase down deadbeat tenants in default like this. Everybody is shady on these shows.

31. VVβ„’ says:

I had never watched ATL. I think I’m going to this season. Not sure why….

Take the plunge!

Vv are you out on BH??????

Don’t know what I’ll do without you 😬

• VVβ„’ says:

I’m watching BH. Not happy Brandi is back but there are so many housewives that maybe we won’t see her much.

Soooooo glad to hear that πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I was watching the lineup of them at each commercial – I don’t know what you call that.

Brandi clearly has a new “look”.
          I couldn’t decide if the queen has a new dress or not.
          Yet again Yofro has the best fashion sense and dresses elegantly and age-appropriately.

I’m a bit younger than she and the Queen, and THAT is the length dress I like. Just say NO TO VISIBLE knees after a certain age. Yuck.

Lisa and Yo====classy. Tasteful.

So y’all did Bravo get all these past Bravolebrities on MMM to help w/ratings this season? Ally doesn’t need a MM, why can’t Marisol find a man in Miami and why Spidey?

33. VVβ„’ says:

Phaedra’s kids are cute. Love the way Ayden talks.

Someone is having a bad night

The Mockingjay PART ONE? Hobbit Part TWO. They sure draw things out!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²

The Hobnit Part a Three is coming out. I’m not gonna lie and say I’m looking forward to the dragon biting the dust. It could have been a beautiful story of redemption for Smaug. Another dragon down -what a shame.

• Amber...Real Wife says:

PeterThomas thy name means Woman. He’s acting like the biggest bitch in RealityTV. Cynthia couldn’t bust a grape or fight her way out of a paper bag. She NEEDS him to READ others for her and he NEEDS and LOVES to READ others for himself. He lives for it.

37. VVβ„’ says:

These two have so much dirt on each other that they cannot afford not to be friends.

You guys are on fire tonight!πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ 30 more minutes and it’s on here, but I’m heading to bed and hope I can stay awake for most of it ( … There is no way but I say that every Sunday!).

39. chismosa says:

I’m watching Andy’s big interview on CBS news.

They’re showing the Kyle pointing at her sister in the limo (???)

Ughhhh andy 😼

40. VVβ„’ says:

Something stinks fakey fakey about that Apollo and Phaedra “fight”. That exchanged was detailed, almost as if they went point by point… In my opinion it was scripted by them.

41. lillybee says:

I just realized that both Juicy and Appolo will be placed in federal prisons. It would be funny if they would up in the same place.

42. chismosa says:

Pindy and Foxy Mel – I’m peeling! Have my timer set ……

Good morning everyone. It’s colllldddd out. 😨😨 Have a great day. πŸ™‚

44. VVβ„’ says:

This pic is from September.