Real Housewives of Atlanta – What were they thinking?

Real Housewives of Atlanta – What were they thinking when they watched last week’s episode?

by Veena

Cynthia Bailey has taken a lot of  heat this week for her “b!tch in charge” attitude, so she spends most of her Bravo blog explaining herself.  I’ll give her credit for not mentioning NeNe once.  She does discuss Porsha ad nauseum, and lets us know that Porsha is full of crap.  But we knew that.  It appears as though Cynthia feels that Porsha is making up things for the drama.  She especially took offense at Porsha calling her a THOT (that hoe over there) for the Ebony photoshoot.  She points out how ludicrous that was – but of course it’s Porsha – so who really cares.  She then shares these side-by-side photos.  Point to Cynthia.

cynthiaporsha

In the end she sums it up by saying that where she went wrong in the episode was allowing Porsha to disrespect her by arriving an hour late.  “I feel an ongoing issue in this group of ladies is the blatant disrespect for people’s time. It is just rude and inappropriate. It also says a lot about a person to have no regard for another person’s time (no call or text) and feel no need to apologize. I find this behavior extremely irritating and actually offensive. Looking back, I never should have allowed my frustration to take me out of character. What could have been a respectful and cordial conversation between two grown women ended up being a pointless waste of time. My mistake was not leaving after the customary 15 minute grace period.”

It’s great that Kandi is blogging this season, but she’s still doing the Q & A thing, which I’m beginning to think is a ploy Bravo is using to get these ladies to blog.  Kandi clearly isn’t into it, and gives a lot of short answers, but asked what she thought about the Cynthia – Porsha confrontation and whether she was surprised, she says, “Yes. Cynthia is a sweet person, but I think people have called her a follower and have taken her kindness for weakness for so long that she just wants to let everybody know that she’s not weak. Therefore every time she feels the slightest bit of disrespect, she goes overboard trying to put that person in check. Now she comes off as this mean girl. It’s like she can’t win for losing — if she’s too nice, she’s weak, and if she’s too aggressive, she’s a bitch.”

Phaedra blogged, and I’m shocked that she is so solidly team NeNe/Porsha.  She explains it this way, “While our show is about a group of women who socialize together, socializing does not equate to true friendship. True friends delight in the building up of one another rather than bashing each other. Throughout my tumultuous situation it has been Porsha’s sweetness,NeNe’s constant support and advice, coupled with Kandi’s steadfast friendship that has sustained and comforted me.”

Phaedra can be friends with whomever she likes, but her next paragraph pissed me off.  “The exchange between Porsha and Cynthia during this week’s episode was disappointing. I have always thought of Cynthia as a nice person, but her behavior last night was unbecoming. Porsha was late and I understand Cynthia’s frustration. However, as Porsha’s elder, Cynthia should be setting an example.”  I’m sorry, but does she think Porsha is a child?  This ageism thing is really unbecoming Phaedra.  Very unbecoming.  I thought you were a respectful southern belle.

Phaedra doesn’t mention Kenya or Apollo.

Kenya does bring up Apollo’s lies, and basically says that all of the women have treated her poorly because they believed him.  I’m not sure about that.  Some of the women treated her poorly because of the things she did to them.  And she’s treated them poorly in return.  To prove my point, she takes aim and fires squarely at NeNe.  “I have been respectfully employed since the age of 14, managing to stay off a pole and out of jail. Therefore, for 20 plus years I have been around the block working. NeNe cannot say the same. I will no longer tolerate the thinly veiled insults aimed at my virtue as a woman. Several seasons ago, NeNe blatantly flirted with Peter and was greatly criticized. However, no one took her seriously because of the way she looks. Clearly, she’s not a threat to anyone’s marriage. Lucky for her.”  Okay.  NeNe was not greatly criticized for flirting with Peter.  Don’t get it twisted Kenya.  She was teased about it, threw a hissy fit and claimed she wasn’t flirting.  Her flirting wasn’t taken seriously because Gregg was right there by her side – and it was PETER!!

She gives a shout out to Cynthia, but calls her almost 50.  Hello – Cynthia is 47 – that’s closer to 40 than 50 in my mind (do not do the math).  “I was so proud to see Cynthia’s Ebony magazine spread celebrating a woman’s beauty that is nearly 50 years old. It’s unnerving to hear her tasteful and elegant spread be compared to an Instagram “THOT spread,” an acronym meaning “those hos over there.” There are also constant jabs about age (“mean old lady” etc.) from people who can’t even spell acronym.”  To be fair, I doubt Porsha can pronounce acronym, much less spell it.

NeNe didn’t blog (of course).  She’s in rehearsals for Cinderella.

Claudia Jordan has officially joined the cast, and has logged her second blog.  She dishes a little bit about her goofy side – to deflect from the “loosing her tooth while having sex” story.  NeNe made a comment when hearing that Claudia was filming for RHOA, saying, “The Thirst is Real.”

Instead of playing the victim and milking it, Claudia pointed out how ludicrous the statement was, saying, “I thought that was an odd reaction. I mean how is it “thirsty” of me to be in a city where I just got hired to work? I didn’t understand that comment. As someone that always prides herself for being such a hard worker, a hustler, and a worker bee, I was surprised that NeNe would say something that seemed shady about another fellow hard worker like myself, who is just out here making my own money and pursuing my own dreams. The irony of it all is that our professional paths have crossed in Atlanta before, so why would it be “thirsty” of me to be out here now? I auditioned for the Rickey Smiley show and got the job, signed my contract, and relocated like I’m supposed to. So as far as being “thirsty,” I’m actually quite satisfied and whatever thirst I may have had for bookings has clearly been quenched.” Of course Claudia isn’t allowed to go behind the 4th wall and talk about the reality show she also auditioned for when she relocated to Atlanta, but the point is still the same.  She’s a hustler and went after a job on the show.  She got it.  How is that thirsty?  Is NeNe thirsty when she goes after a part on Broadway?  Is being thirsty a bad thing?

__________________________________________

Happy Birthday cdnfillie58

__________________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of Atlanta, RHOA Cast Blogs and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Real Housewives of Atlanta – What were they thinking?

Good morning everyone. Hope you and the family had a great Thanksgiving. 🍠🍗🍰🍺🍸🍷🍻😄
    Wooo NMD. Nekedness was lik BLAME, POW, WOW!! in the face. 😉
    Have a great Black Friday. 🍗🍠🍰🍺🍷💰💰💰💰🏃🏃🏃

Happy Birthday cdnfillie58.

3. Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving and if you are out there on Black Friday I am wishing you the best.

My niece Ayla-a little Thanksgiving princess!!

I gots me a really big Thanksgiving hangover! And I’m at work! But I had a great day with my family (unfortunately minus one daughter, son-in-law-to-be and granddaughter), but they will be here for four days at Christmas. And for the first time since I took over the chore of making the Thanksgiving meal (since my mother-in-law passed away about seven years ago), I mastered gravy! Even since I’ve been married I always made gravy with cream of mushroom soup and pan drippings. But I actually made gravy yesterday with turkey drippings, flour, butter and pepper and it was FANTASTIC! My son, who never uses gravy, loved it! Never too late to learn new tricks and many thanks to Pinterest. Hope everyone had a memorable day yesterday and you are not feeling too bloated today!

Any post by Permanent-Constipated-Lauren Manzo always has ulterior motives. I do feel bad for Vito. In all fearness, he got plenty of warning from the entire world. He gets what he deserves.

GO AWAY MANZOS!!!! GO AWAY !!!

• OneMoreInBoston says:

Wow.
        She’s really a passive aggressive biotch isn’t she?
        Not sure who Anthony Laurita is- obviously a family member- but I love he called her out on her bs

Anthony is a Laurita Brother, just to note that there were all the Lauritas in town together at Thanksgiving, sans DiabolicalDina. So, that whole line in the sand against the family to take a stand and choose a side, not working out for her! Wonder if that was the meaning behind Lexi’s twat yesterday.

Well on Dish Nation Porsha said if she reaches 10 mill followers on instagram she’ll do Kim K’s Paper pose. So we may be seeing more of Porsha. 🙂

bravoandy
    12 minutes ago
    Hell Yes! Bobblehead Andy made it into the @cardinals Hall of Fame Museum! What a Team, What a Town…. #TheAndyCohenDiaries

Sorry Kenya NeNe wasn’t flirting w/Peter. Just having fun, playing and joking. NeNe did what she did to take care of herself and her child. Being a stripper isn’t to far off from being in music videos like Kenya did. Kenya out and out flirted at Apollo in front of his wife, in front of everyone, in front of her fake BF, and not on one occasion. Like I said before you really can’t blame Phadera or any of the others if they thought Kenya did what Apollo said she did. She put herself in that position by her actions.

I agree Powell, except for one thing. I think I would have found something other than ‘dancing’ to provide for my child. Collecting garbage, cleaning bed pans, scooping poop on a cattle ranch, etc. Never would have done what Nene did.

No way would I have been a stripper. But they make lots of money, it’s a legit job in most cases and many feel they do what they have to do. I remember when they economy went bad five/six yrs ago I was listening to the radio and they were talking about people taking jobs they never thought they’d do to take care of their family and a few women called in said they took a job as a stripper.

• I agree that *personally* I would never be a stripper- but I will never judge someone who would.
        The $$$ is very good ( it would have to be) and it’s completely legal.
        But soul crushing.

11. chismosa says:

Happy Birthday cdnfillie58.
    🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊

Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving. I think the triptophan literally made me fall asleep ! Never happened before!

Have SO much tv to catch up on. I have some BH questions. Will post on a day most of you are here.
    (Meaning VV and JILL clearly 😜)

Happy Black Friday. The city is abuzz. 🐝🐝🐝🎁🎁🎁

Happy Birthday cdnfillie! 😀

I’ve been watching TCM all day. Alfred Hitchcock movie marathon. Saboteur, Shadow of A Doubt, Dial M for Murder, now Marnie. Good suspenseful films.

I am watching a documentary on the despicable liar Lance Armstrong, WOW I used to really like him, wasn’t so surprised he was a doper, but watching how he tried to ruin the lives of others that came out against him is astonishing, he is a piece of crap! I admit he has done amazing things in raising money for cancer, but what he did to other personally is mind boggling. Oh, and it turns out most of the early drugs he took “could” have lead to cancer!

kimrichards11
    2 minutes ago
    What I’m thankful for most…Had a wonderful thanksgiving with My family and friends. Can’t believe how blessed my life is❤️

melissagorga
    8 hours ago
    Love this pic at #cinderellabway with the family❤️

Love this pic at #cinderellabway with the family❤️

A post shared by Melissa Gorga (@melissagorga) on

• NJBev says:

oh, so was it Nene’s Broadway Debut?
      I love Nene, but I would have loved to see
      Sheri Shephard- she is a remarkable comedic
      actress… Sorry I missed her.
      Doubt I’ll be able to get Nene tickets

hope all of you, my friends, had the best Thanksgiving
      ever, only to be surpassed by a Holiday season extraordinaire!!!

16. cdnfillie58 says:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes..I had a great day. I am truly blessed and lucky enough to share my day with my beautiful granddaughter who just turned 17 as well. She was the 1st grandchild and 1 great grandchild on both sides of the family. I was going through a bad divorce at the time and she was the beacon I needed to ground me.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving…and I love this blog. Lynn would be proud …muahhhh