Alex and Simon Moving Down Under – House Under Contract – Boxes Shipped

Alex and Simon Moving Down Under – House Under Contract – Boxes Shipped

Alex McCord, Simon Van Kempen and their two boys are heading down under just before the holidays. Alex tweeted:

And Simon mentioned that their belongings were packed and shipped off in a 40′ container last week.

Of course this means they are headed into an Australian summer, so the chums are probably delighted they will get an extended holiday break!

Their Brooklyn House (featured on Real Housewives of New York) is listed as “under contract on the realtor’s website.  Head on over to the site for a look through their place.  It’s a stacked tri-plex, with their home on the bottom two floors with a full basement.  Rental units are on the third and fourth floor.

image

This is what Alex had to say in September when she announced their move: “After 18 years in New York for Alex, and 28 years outside Australia for Simon, we’ve made the decision to move to Australia to be with family. Over the last few years, all of Simon’s family have reconvened from as far as Europe to all live within 20 minutes of each other on a collection of beautiful beaches on the north coast of New South Wales. We are the last of the family to move back, and it’s time.”

___________________________________________________

It’s Time for Atlanta – Let’s Chat!

___________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Atlanta, Let's Chat, Real Housewives of New York. Bookmark the permalink.

184 Responses to Alex and Simon Moving Down Under – House Under Contract – Boxes Shipped

1. Laineylainey says:

Wowza! What the van kampens are doing sounds wonderful! Happy Trails!

Hi everybody! Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving! Lainey girl is still here. She leaves on dec 6. My m-I-L left today. We had a nice visit w her. But it’s back to normal-ish.

2. NJBev says:

Real Housewives of Australia, Anyone?

3. NJBev says:

I went to the real estate site-
    someone PUH-LEEZE tell me that on
    a house w/ 2 rental properties costing
    almost 3 million and the taxes are only
    3K??????
    unheard of

Could be they have not been reassessed in so long it hasn’t reflected the price boom in Brooklyn.

• Amber says:

The 3K must be a transfer tax, not a property tax.

Its def a property tax-I saw the site. Now that I think about it, it’s assessed at under 2 mil and its New York. Philly is the same way. Bev and I are so used to those jersey taxes where your land is the higher value. They have very little land and its in the city-where there are so many properties all packed into a dense area. That brings it down because the number of households/businesses is tenfold to the suburbs. My whole town had 40 thousand residents, give or take-and the town is huge! There’s probably triple that in one neighborhood in the city. I’m pretty sure that’s why it’s so low!

• NJBev says:

No one would ever believe what we pay
          in taxes in NJ if you weren”t from here.
          It’s frightening-
          Plus, in New York, most new homes have
          tax abatements, where they don’t
          even pay taxes for the first 20-25-30
          years.. No joke.

They did the abatements in Philly too. It brings in development and people willing to buy and rehab. It’s been good for the city. We do pay a lot! But, we get a lot too. We have great schools here. Good public works. My friend moved to PA and the taxes were lower-but the municipal fees for trash etc. and her neighborhood HOA-it ended up being the same yearly cost. The crazy thing though-my mom lives at the shore and her home is assessed at 3 times more then my home-and she pays just under what I do! Because they don’t pay a school tax like I do (for the township and regional high schools). They divide per student costs (the school is in the neighboring town) and there’s maybe 20 kids in town. Sometimes less….I’m biding my time until I can get down there permanently! Lol

• NJBev says:

excellent 🙂
              I hope you get to enjoy those
              tax levels!
              I know you are a little further
              south (shore wize!! 🙂 ) than us-
              but all things being equal, NJ is
              so super crazy tax wise!!

OMIB – I saw Clooney’s house when I was there 🙂 That was BEFORE he got married. I do not seek out married men. I don’t think he was there though. At least, I didn’t see any sign of him.

Ummm Claudia – you stole her housewives spot.

Somehow I don’t think she’ll remember to tweet the 2nd of all ..

8. Do Simon and Alex own the ENTIRE townhouse ???? If so, 😳😳😳😳
    Great for them. I can’t wait for him to get back to going at Bravo

10. California35 says:

I do wish Simon and Alex well. I felt bad when they lost their RH job. They are good people. Hopefully this move is for the better. Australia is not a bad place at all 😊 and being close to family will at the very least be a peaceful world for them.

• Well.

I liked Alex.

Simon turned on Lynn. I’m not a fan.

• NJBev says:

i’m with you.
        what a surprise.

• California35 says:

Yeah 😞

OMIB – I really liked Alex what we and apparently most of Bravo DIDN’T like was SILEX. I personally think that Simon was the reason that Alex was axed from the show, he constant need to be another “ho-wife” was irritating. Even since season one when Alex couldn’t attend a party without him was annoying.

Now, after watching how manipulative production can be…I wonder how much of that was actually Silex insisting that they couldn’t attend a party separately and how much of it was production encouraging it in order to generate interest (albeit negative) in them and also to ruffle castmembers’ collective feathers.

• NJBev says:

LL
            this was Silex and had nothing to do
            with production.. These 2 made it too
            easy for anyone and everyone to pick on them-
            Simon wanted to be a “housewife”-
            and these 2 wanted to be part of
            Manhattan Society.
            there was no question, especially when you
            read his blogs.
            everyone knew that-

Lainey – Sorry, but I have heard from sources attached to the show that Alex insisted her husband be there for filming and events that they were a “team”.

I feel the same. Always liked Alex. I think they asked SSimon to just be the husband but he wanted the camera time. When they did Celebrity watcha call it on VH1 w/Dr. Jen Alex said she felt she wasn’t “heard” by Simon. It was always about him. So when Alex was telling Jill, Ramona Simon was her best friend, they enjoyed being together, they don’t go anywhere w/o the other, she really had different feelings but Simon made the decision of how he wanted it to be.

11. NJBev says:

I always found it amazing that even tho
    RHOA may be the highest rated show
    of the housewives, it consistently is always
    the lowest chatted about during the episode.-
    always!

When Apollo asks “how does this happen,” he really means, “how did I get caught?”

13. VEENA —- just caught up with what you said and I can’t believe theres going to be major deaths tonight — like of major characters ?????

I thought that they were still doing a spinoff of sorts, maybe with the redhead (fake) guy from that cop show who joined and was never given a compelling storyline.
    No matter how hard they tried.

Though I’d like to think Maggie & the boyfriend get reunited with the others. I don’t care much about that other crew with the completely-lying-anyone-could-tell “””scientist””” with the mullet.

Guess I’ll have to stay away for the spoilers 😫😫😫😥😥😥😭😭

14. ItzAngieDuh says:

I think this season will expose Kandi’s flaws. Although successful, her business approach, tactics seem shaky . Her daughter was inappropriate speaking about what Todds daughter should/should not be doing. Her mom is already showing out. I just think a lot of the shenanigans behind the scene will come out.

• Omg- she is so cheap! Everything fails because she won’t pay any $$$ to hire good people. Everyone is her “friend” that’s helping her.
      Wedding dress designer to hairstylists!
      Her play? The promoter was bouncing checks? Did Kandi even vet him? The guy was producing local talent shows before she signed him up but she expected him to take her play to Broadway?

Smh

Hi Angie! I kinda liked when Riley was expressing herself during that exchange. When Kayla (?) said “you’ll change your mind when you’re my age” and Riley replied “when I’m your age, I will be in college.” My daughter and I guffawed!

And when Kayla said she wants to start a clothing line…we gasped…exactly who is she hoping will finance her clothing line? Her dad? Ummm..nope. Mama Joyce? Forget that, honey.

I try not to talk negatively about the minor children on these shows, but I think Kaela is 18 at least. But the jury is still out on her, I just found it interesting that she came in with a business idea. That’s not a bad thing at all, I just wondered who is going to finance her version of she by Sheree. Most 18 y.o. Who don’t assume there is a financial backer would have said,…I’m gonna go to school to learn fashion merchandising, or design, or marketing, etc. Just my opinion.

But back to Riley. I do love her feistiness. Like her mom says, she seems quiet, but she will express herself.

• Kandi likes to think Riley is like that, personality-wise similar to Kandi– but we’re forgetting that dark cloud ☁️☁️☁️☁️hovering over them all …….

GRANDMA who’s got diamonds 👵💎💎💎💎
        Mmmmmmhm mm mm mm

I agree w/everything. She should go to college and see about working PT at Kandi’s store to have money. She doesn’t need an allowance at 18.

• ItzAngieDuh says:

Riley is 12 yrs old & I don’t even think she should’ve been in that convo! Why was her input needed on a curfew for an 18 yr old. I agree that kids are off limits, I think that Riley should stay off camera. Just sayn

Well, of course, bottom line is you are right. A 12 y.o. Shouldn’t have even been in on that on camera convo. But her momma is signing off on it, so what can we do? Oh and it is hard NOT TO make our observations about these kids when their PARENTS PUT THEM ON CAMERA, OUT THERE with targets on their backs. I hope you know I didn’t mean that you were being negative, I was just saying that I do Try, try, try not to make mean comments about the kids. But sometimes I just want to bite my fist cause I’m dying to say something less than nice. I have to remind myself that they are minors and even if the people they trust to protect them, do not protect their privacy, feelings, etc…..I try to remember that they are simply, for lack of a better term, collateral damage.

15. ItzAngieDuh says:

Kenya wants to be treated differently, but is not ready to act differently. She just called a Kandi ghetto

Hey all.
    Well the source of Joyce not liking Todd and Don Juan feeling threatened by Todd comes down to one person. Kandi. Kandi has not let her mother know Todd is her husband and she will respect Todd. Kandi has not told Don Juan what Todd’s place is in the biz. Joyce and Don Juan are mad w/Todd and when Kandi has told Todd she wants things to be a certain way but she hasn’t told Joyce and Don Juan how it’s going to be. Kandi let Joyce feel Todd will take everything and she’s let Don Juan feel Todd will take his place in the biz. In some ways you kind of can’t, in a ssmidgen of a way w/Joyce and Don Juan understand how they feel the way they do because Kandi hasn’t made it clear.

17. NJBev says:

Kenya
    the reason Nene has a problem with you is
    b/c you stuck your finger in her face and acted like
    an A-Hole. Accept when people just don’t
    want to be your friend- it isn’t the end of the
    world—

18. Omg this lady just called Phaedra rachet for sleeping with Apollo on an air mattress in the projects!

Love her

19. I like this bevy smith lady-

20. Did you know that Kenya Moore and Naomi Campbell were both dating mike Tyson at the same time? Which is why Andy tells the story in his book that Naomi Campbell was screaming at him to fire Kenya not Porsha at a party they were at? Or is this way old news?

I bet they get more for the Brooklyn brownstone than Ramona could get for her apt. Ramona scoffed at living in Brooklyn. Brooklyn is the place to be. I’m sure Alex, Simon and the boys will be happy w/the move. I hope they’re successful in their future endeavors.

• NJBev says:

Silex’ townhouse is a huge pc.
      of property plus rental income.
      I wouldn’t be surprised if you are
      right, Powell.

No, that’s not going to happen, her apartment is in the Richmond Building and the smallest two bedroom just sold for 2.4 million and her home is much bigger than this unit, the largest unit for sale is going for 8 million dollars and I think is close to the square footage of Ramona’s. Look I for one really hated her snooty attitude towards SILEX< and I dislike Ramona in general, but her apartment will sell for more. I am hoping it's true and she is in a much reduced role on the Howives, but we heard that about that ScarecrowwithoutaBraincellPorsha and she's been on every episode from what you all are posting.

• NJBev says:

well, I guess I have been read. 🙂

LOL! I have just been really into the Ho-wives real estate for some time and kind of follow all of their information. Waiting to hear of another reduction from the Drunken-Delusional-GreyGardensSonja on her home. They reduced the price twice in six months with NO takers and her next 90 days is up in a couple of weeks, so I foresee another reduction.

I luv him

23. NJBev says:

Cynthia has a Huge ass
    on her walkout scene from Porsha.
    It looks like Khloe Kardashians on
    TMZ.
    Shame on me. 😉

24. Fellow Kenya fan here: how is it going with your daughter ? I hope having some fun ….

Hi FKF! Thanks for asking. Yes, we are having fun together. I’m off tomorrow, so I feel kind of like I should be planning something special with her, but…what. Hmmm…..

We are driving her to Houston on Friday to visit some family and then she flies out of Houston on Saturday. Eeek!

25. NJBev says:

So, WAaaaaayyyy off topic,
    I would be interested in hearing everyones opinion..
    I live in the North East portion of the country,
    we tend to do our weddings in a “Grand” way-
    and even if they are not big, we celebrate in a way
    that most of the of the regions of country don’t.
    We have a full sit down dinner and provide cocktails.
    Or, we have a buffet and provide cocktails.
    Or, we have any kind of meal and provide,
    at least, a cocktail hour..–

We are invited to a family wedding on
    New Years Eve. Please understand where I’m coming
    from, no wedding I’ve ever been to in NJ, NY, has ever
    made me , or my 87 yr old Aunt, pay for a drink-
    The family wedding is on New Years Eve.
    We have to drive 5 -6 hours, pay for hotel(2nights)
    The wedding is a cash bar. 375 guests.. On New Years
    Eve. ON NEW YEARS EVE!! I don’t friggin care
    if you need to invite more people than you even KNow-
    OR You invite more than you can afford, the Grooms
    family(our side) has more than enough $$ to pick up the open bar-
    (and why wouldn’t you when you know your entire
    family is coming from NJ NY and expects open bar
    for a “regular wedding” LET ALONE A WEDDING ON NEW
    YEARS EVE)
    OK
    here is my point-
    You expect me to give up my New Years Eve for your wedding,
    I will drive 5.5 hrs to get there, pay for two hotel rooms(kids)
    for two nights (hotel minimum) and you are not going to buy us a drink?
    if I want a drink, or my Aunt or MIL (who don’t
    carry $ in their pocketbooks) we must pay cash-
    By the way, which might be upsetting me the most-
    My best friend is having a party this year-
    (she announced her party b4 they announced their
    wedding, for crying out loud, and I’m crying, OUT LOUD!!)

I get it. Many areas don’t provide an open bar for a Wedding.
    But why would I go to a party on New Years Eve if I have to
    pay for a drink??

help me, i’m making myself and my husband crazy
    (OH AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR A dog sitter to
    sleep at my house and take care of my PIA dog)

I’m ashamed of myself for this post

OMG! Don’t be ashamed! Cash bar weddings are tacky. Some people use it as a form of control-to keep people sober and the worry about driving home etc…but you ask a lot from your guests and the people IN the wedding. Pay for a bar! It doesn’t have to be top shelf or even hard liquor-wine and beer is fine. I’ve been to weddings where wine and beer are free, hard stuff is cash. That’s ok. Maybe other parts if the country are different-but here, like Bev said you don’t make your guests pay for anything at your wedding! Where is this wedding???

• NJBev says:

first of all, I should have known a fellow New Jerseyan would be the first to allow me my opinion. God Bless you Exit!!!!
        The wedding is in Massachusetts. I have been to at least 10 weddings there-
        (Hubs fam) they always have at least a cocktail hour, sometimes just wine and beer during that cocktail hour, but some sort of acknowledgment to the NJ/NY contingency.
        (You know we always make a heavier check-these kids always make money on us,
        AS IT SHOULD BE and we always over-gift, its an NJ thing- we over pay for everything!)

We really do! Lol! I would think Mass of all places would not be cash bar land-does the brides family not drink? That can be an issue-but no matter, you throw a party-you provide food and drink. It’s just not right!

If they cannot afford an open bar, they should pare down the guest list. That is tacky. NYEve???! Heavens to Betsy!

NYE weddings are awesome! I went to one in Philadelphia years ago-the wedding ended with a countdown and champagne. The joke was-everyone is always looking for a party NYE-so they had one! Even better, the hotel was on the Mummers parade route-which is a party to end all parties-so half the guests stayed until January 2nd to live it up! For you non locals-Google the Mummers. It’s not easy to explain….

• NJBev says:

Betsy is not going!! She is more upset than us,
        and she is from Michigan!! Her wedding had
        full cocktails but only food for an hour??
        Her wedding took place 33 years ago!!

Gotta love it

Kevin’s cousin got married in Mass. and the brides parents were going to have a “cash bar” (which is I guess the norm out of NY NJ?) Kevin’s aunt was HORRIFIED!! There was no way she was going to have her very rich friends pay for drinks at a wedding! (A month before the wedding one of her friends children got married in NYC at the rainbow Room so there was no way in hell she was going to have a cash bar at this wedding!! ) Kevin’s aunt explained to the brides parents that she would be paying for an open bar-they didn’t really understand the big whoop but they did let her pay and there was no drama over it.
          I have yet to be at a wedding with a cash bar-I don’t have a lot of out of state friends/family!

• NJBev says:

that’s my point exactly, Jill-
            the grooms parents could easily cover the bar tab, yet they just won’t-too cheap.
            That’s the thing that’s making us all koo koo

We also come from the Family of NO CASH BAR WEDDINGS EVAH! If you can’t afford, some of the family, in lieu of an expensive wedding gift, has pitched in for the drinks. So as you said some 87 year old Aunt doesn’t have to worry about paying for a Hot Toddy!(youngters will need to google). I have to agree with you on your angst, especially if they are having a Holiday wedding, and folks have to pay to travel and their hotel accommodations.

26. mrs peabody says:

did anyone notice when Kenya and Kandi started talking they were in the middle of a class with people all around them and when the ended their talk there was no one in the room with them. Where did all those people go?

27. Chimosa- p.s.
    Kenya was involved with a married man named Rudolph “Rudy” Moise. He produced her movie Trapped:Haitian Nights.
    The rumor is that when he ended it she tried to sue him. Lol.
    So yeah
    She needs to close her legs to married men too.
    If Apollo didn’t confess- I would believe it all because of her behavior(or at least the editing of her behavior) and her sordid past.

Sue him? LOL. What she thought it was the 19th century when women could sue for breach of promise of marriage? Oh boy. Yes she was “close your legs to married men” wayyyy before Wig. 🙂
      I didn’t believe Kenya slept w/Apollo but I did believe they saw each other in LA and that she again flirted and wanted to sleep w/him. But that’s what I say. Kenya made herself look guilty. I guess since she flirted, made comments several times Apollo took advantage of the situation and did what he did.

Good morning everyone. Can you believe it’s December 1st? When the security guard said “welcome to December” this morning I was like “oh yeah”. 😉 Its nice out today but I don’t think we’ll have it for too much longer. The “S” word again. Sighhhhh. Please come back May. I miss you.
    Well you groovy people don’t spend too much this cyber Monday and have a great day.

29. Jette Scott says:

This is the first I’ve seen this.. Can’t say I blame them!

Sent from my iPad