Weekly Ratings Roundup – Big Winner is Real Housewives of Atlanta

Weekly Ratings Roundup – Big Winner is Real Housewives of Atlanta

real-housewives-of-atlanta-season-7-interview-looks-hero

Once again, the Real Housewives of Atlanta won their night in cable ratings – bringing in almost 3.4 million viewers with 1.6 in the key demographic of adults 18-49.  They stomped the competition, the closest was a 1.1 in the key demographic for a repeat of the Big Bang Theory.  Airing right after Atlanta was Thicker than Water, which did respectably, bringing in 1.5 million viewers (0.7 in the key demographic).  Of course most of that was due to their strong lead-in from Atlanta.  Atlanta’s repeat episode brought in almost 1 million viewers – almost as high ratings as Millionaire Matchmaker on Thursday nights, and their lead-in repeat brought in almost 900,000 viewers.  I hope the ladies are taking home sick paychecks!  Watch What Happens Live didn’t make the top 100 that night – I think this was the night where Andy headed to the clubhouse straight from his vacation and WWHL aired at 11.

Monday:  Vanderpump Rules continues to do well holding down Monday nights – earning a 1.3 Million viewers and a .7 in the key demographic. WWHL made the top 100 with almost 700,000 viewers and a .2 in the key demographic.  I think VPR’s Kristen was on the show that night.

Tuesday: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills brought in 1.8 million viewers with a 0.8 in the key demographic – about the same as Dance Moms.  Girlfriend’s Guide brought in around 700,000 – in the cancellation zone.  WWHL with Brandi Glanville fared slightly worse, despite her theatrics.

Wednesday: Top Chef (with Andy Cohen guest staring) brought in around 1 M viewers.

Thursday: Millionaire Matchmaker, with Sonja Morgan, brought in 1 million viewers. with a .4 in the key demographic.  Jill Zarin’s episode the week before didn’t make the top 100 list, and therefore had a .2 or lower in the key demographic (based on shows that did make the list.)

And that is the ratings roundup.  I’d say that Bravo’s dip into the scripted shows is not off to a good start, and Atlanta’s success crushes any idea that the Housewives are a fading franchise.

_______________________________________

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

108 Responses to Weekly Ratings Roundup – Big Winner is Real Housewives of Atlanta

1. That wig Nene is wearing is GOD AWFUL! What was she thinking???

3.4 million for ATL-WOW!! ATL has been a constant ratings win for Bravo!
    Who are the 1 million people watching Patti??? All I see on twitter is Patti bashing-I never see a positive tweet about her or her show…who is watching??
    I bet more people tuned into WWHL on Wednesday to see what Andy would say about the Brandi disaster.

3. plainviewsue says:

Thanks Veena. I love hearing how the shows are doing rating wise.

4. California35 says:

Good morning,
    I only watch BH and GGuide to D from those shows. I watch Girls Guide not when it airs.
    Now if you ask me what other (and none Bravo) shows I watch, my list is loooooong 😊😋

Cali my list is long too. I try to watch so much of the good stuff. I need to get into the popular shows on Showtime and HBO. I dvrd Power but haven’t really watched.

Stassi must think viewers are stupid. I have followed this chick since S1 in Social Media and Regular media. She’s as conniving as they get. She was the mastermind of the cast pic taken of all of them naked standing very close to each other ( she said so), there are countless of racy pictures of her on the net….We all saw how cutting and mean spirited she can be and now we are to believe is all EDITING?!!!! She’s been a famewhore for a long time. Viewers see through that.

I think her ego got bruised on VPR last season. She left SUR and LA and didn’t tell anybody. She just disappeared. Her castmates/friends would tweet her and she would never replied until they stopped trying. Katie was the only she replied to and not immediately. She had a gig at HRC in Vegas. I wonder how it went. No pics. I think she’s getting desperate and leaking stuff.

Stassi Schroeder Vanderpump Rules: Edited To Be A Mean Girl http://www.inquisitr.com/1738433/stassi-schroeder-blames-vanderpump-rules-editing-for-making-her-look-like-a-mean-girl-and-quits-the-show/

• California35 says:

Wheren’t there some speculations about this girl trying to have her own tv show? She moving to NY to make it On her own WITHOUT VRules? Her own. To be the star. If all of that was true, something changed, and she had to swallow her pride and had to come back to VRules.. I don’t watch VRules and she is a BIG reason…not the only reason. So I wouldn’t watch her own show. When all the comments here back then, I thought that she would get her way and her head would blow up. She acts like she is above them all.

She May have pitched an idea for a show to Andy while she lived in NY and obviously nothing crystallized. I never bought the rumor of her having her own show and Lisa producing it because she left in bad terms. She just didn’t show up to work or talked to anybody. Again, I think because she was humiliated in National TV. NOBODY made her date Jax. NOBODY made her be BBF with Kristen. NOBODY made Her say the evil things she said or go naked on National TV for the whole world to see. These decisions were all HERS and hers alone.

• Plain Jane says:

Staci was on WWHL last year and told Andy she wasn’t going to return.
        Andy told her lets see what we can do about that. So Andy is probably paying a lot for her to come back. Probably paying for her condo.

• Veena (NMD) says:

I totally agree. She was as mean as a snake on her radio interview and on WWHL – both live. It’s not them – it’s HER! Her core is mean.

Vanderpum Rules is holding on good on a very tough Monday to compete. Good for Lisa. Glad BH is having decent ratings as well.

7. California35 says:

Interesting how AT is in the lead all the time. I wonder why. I’m not into it at all.

NeNe’s wig…I can’t EVEN!!!

Anyone catch BH first look last night? Lisa’s son looks so uncomfortable on camera-why would he agree to be filmed? Lisa let’s us know she had to give him a loan and he’s paying her back by working at SUR-this made me wonder about his GF? What 35/36 year old woman would date a dude that has to borrow money from his Mommy? She must be a real winner!!

The girlfriend was a former SUR staffer. She’s pretty but make no mistake. She’s dating Max Todd because his parents are very rich.
      Max adores his parents. This I know is true. He posts and deletes stuff all the time but he is very loving to his parents when he does.

Max may adore his parents but he still looks as uncomfortable as hell-maybe him being on was a storyline for Lisa-it’s kind of sad to see her talk about him “getting the check” and having to work every shift at SUR to pay her back-kind of embarrassing if you ask me.

He’s an aspiring actor too. Maybe is forcing himself to be on the show for training and exposure. The cast of VPR have stated that being on the show has helped them in that area.
          I don’t think it’s embarrassing. It is his reality as of now. I’m sure SUR staff gossips and knows this as well.

He is an aspiring actor??? That’s funny because he looks so pained every time he is on camera. Showing him in this light makes him look like a Momma’s boy-but I guess he doesn’t mind looking that way and Lisa doesn’t seem to mind either-it’s a better story line for her than crying about last season.

I don’t like this-it is embarrassing. Lending money to your kids is fine, making them pay it back is fine too. But that’s something you keep “in house”, for many reasons!

Max’s parents are wealthy so to some women that’s all that matters.
      This has nothing to do w /Max but look at that guy who killed his wealthy Fund Mgr Wall Street father cuz he was going to lower his allowance and stop paying his rent? He’s in his 30s, his last GF knew his dad was paying his way and she knew. He had GFs and dated. Some women don’t care where the money comes from as long as the guy can take them out and buy them things.

Maybe Atlanta is so popular because the local area supports it more than say NY or LA tune in to their housewives. NJ is popular as well – used to go head to head with ATL in ratings. I enjoyed Vancouver more than the others because I could relate to the backdrop. I don’t know – just a thought.

Atlanta has a loyal black audience. There’s not a lot of shows that focus on black women-so the ones that do get good ratings.

I love her for doing this-it’s a great cause-she’s tweeting about it a lot and so is Smile Train-good for Preetttttyyyyyy!

13. Rebecca wishes dragons would appear and roast every Housewife who says or does something stupid. says:

I just read the last blog about the inappropriate video…. Did you watch SNL last night? The replayed the Halloween episode with a sketch making fun of the Chandelier video. They’ll totally skewer this new one.

• Veena (NMD) says:

Sia is guest starring on the 17th, with Maddie in tow. Controversy sells, but at what cost. She’s 12. I found the last part of the video particularly disturbing, she was grabbing his leg and pulling it around her suggestively. Watch the last few moments Ugh.

• Veena (NMD) says:

29 million views so far

• Veena (NMD) says:

Sorry – grabbing his arm and pulling it around his leg. I will say this – It must have taken a lot of courage for Maddie to dance with a grown man – she has trouble even with young male partners.

• Rebecca wishes dragons would appear and roast every Housewife who says or does something stupid. says:

Not any grown man. A super creepy grown man. One who says he finds his mother sexy.

HeHe

Wow

Veena-on the last blog you had the Daily Mail article. The pictures of Joe outside the social club so reminded me of the pics of John gotti in sammy the Bulls book Underboss. The mob guys used to stand outside their social clubs to walk and talk so the FBI couldn’t hear. Joe isn’t in the mob-but it reminded me of those pictures so much!

• Veena (NMD) says:

Joe at the social club, taking care of bizness.

I liked the shots of Joe bored out of his skull at Gia’s cheerleading competition. Been there – done that.

There is a “social club” not far from where I live…100 Joes standing around like Godfahter wannabes…times have changed for mobbed up guys!!

You know Joe had to get there ASAP after dealing with 4 girls all week! He needed the male bonding time! Lol

Lol. I feel bad for them that photographers are camped out waiting for them to drive to prison. How mad they must have been that they got stuck at a cheerleading competition!

I wonder how long the photographers are going to keep this “stake out” going?

At least until they finally drive to danbury for a visit! Or the next 13 months.

I hope after he visits her for the first time they pack up and leave-there is no need to follow them for 13 months!!

It’s the first weekend. It’ll peter off until Joe’s caught on a date with someone else. Or they sell one of their properties. Then it’ll surge. Tre’s PR machine is doing a good job, they managed to release that she’s unhappy about no hair extensions in jail. Because, um, that’s world shattering news, right?

I guess the phrase “inside sources” has never been this accurate before.

Here is Maddie on Dancing with the Stars. I think she’s better than the other dancer.

I must be an old curmudgeon. The song sounds terrible and the ‘dancing’ doesn’t impress me at all. And for all the loud cheering from the audience, they only show 9 or 11 people clustered around the host applauding. On one shot, the camera was zoomed too far out and you could see no one else was around them and then the camera operator had to zoom in to give it a good enthusiastic audience look. It reminded me of Bob Hope’s last TV appearance, which, no matter how much I liked the man, was terrible. He should have retired BEFORE that appearance.

Other than “modern” dance, is there another name for that style? It does nothing for me.

I’m must have PMS or something because I cried like a real fool watching this clip of Kyle’s daughter leaving

For the record, I don’t feel bad for the Giudice’s that they have paps following them around. They have lived their lives on camera – and may even still be filming for Gia’s video. Notoriety is a package deal.

I don’t know if I feel bad but I do think it’s annoying-getting followed to the prison I can kind of understand but do they really need to go to Gia’s stuff-it’s creepy to me.

• Dunno. The girls are underage. Even tho Gia has tried to make a foray into the world of Reality TV with her pilot show- she is only 13- hardly the age of consent for anything. The younger girls have consented to nothing.

No pity for Joe at all- but the girls? Hardly seems fair to them, or the other minor children seen talking to Gia who had their pics shown in a paper in another country.

I think it’s interesting that you’re itchy watching a 12 year old dance with a grown man but not a 13 year old being followed by adult male paparazzi? Aren’t both situations voyeurism of a type?

No disrespect meant- it’s interesting what is considered pushing boundaries and what isn’t.

• Veena (NMD) says:

Sometimes it’s hard to explain emotional responses. The video struck me as pedophilia acted out. I found it disturbing. I wouldn’t feel bad for Maddie if someone snapped a photo of her at a public event.

A cheerleading event or dance competition has hundreds of parents taking photos. It’s not like the paps were ever alone with the kids (or stuck in a cage with them.)

But – that said – I do think that underage kids should be off limits to paps – wasn’t there a move to make that happen? And certainly the underage non-TV kids – ie Gia’s buddies.

Quite frankly, if the lawyer hadn’t told the world that Tree was expecting a visit on Saturday, maybe, just maybe, the paps wouldn’t have been trailing Juicy.

I feel sorry for the kids that they have parents that have put their lives out for the world to see.

I agree with Veena that with fame you do have to expect some level of intrusion in your life.

But I agree with you in the sense that it’s not really fair for the children. Filming a reality show is different. It’s a controlled environment, for the most part, and you have at least some control.

Lots of more famous people have complained that the paps can be aggressive and nasty. There’s nothing to stop them from chasing you with your kids in the car if they want to. That’s a little scary.

Good afternoon everyone. 😊

Lisa is still “real friends” with Joyce.

I hope this is one of their restaurants – Giggy is sitting on Ken’s lap.

• California35 says:

See that lady on the back taking a picture? It must be of Ken and the person taking this picture, because she missed the ladies 😕

I like to see Joyce beibg friends with Lisa. I am also glad she was not back to BH. Things change as we have seen. She could have changed or suffer or who knows.

• Veena (NMD) says:

Lisa’s brother hanging out with James – perhaps the families do know each other well

Here’s what I know. James befriended Max. James got a job at SUR long ago but became a cast member this season. I have seen pictures of him with SUR cast and Guillermo as old as 2 years ago. So, he is well known there. He is also doing a lot of DJ work at SUR and PUMP.
        Lisa’s brithers “I” think just recently decided to move to LA. I’ve seen him come and go so, not sure.
        Also, James mom was a model in England and is an aspiring actor in the US. James dad runs some type of public relation according to his FB.

The picture I posted of James mother with Lisa and the DWTS dude, you can clearly see Lisa didn’t even have her arms around her when it was taken.

Yes, they’ve gone out a few times and tweet each other as well. Joyce has been very clear on several occassions stating that one of the best things that came out of RHOBH is her frienship with Lisa.

Another one

And another one with James

25. So I’m watching RHOA reruns. The episode on now is when we first meet the infamous Roger Bobb.

He definitely invites a Kenya to the release party and strongly implies and insinuates that he’s going to be there and it will be “good for her” to be there too.

Has he been shown in any episode since this one scene? It’s almost like he just bowed out altogether. I wonder what happened….

Kenya has been tweeting non-stop about this episode…

Lisa and her brother Mark.

Lisa and her brother Mark.

29. I think NeNe and Maddie from Sia’s video are wearing the same wig.