It’s open blog Thursday, which basically means we don’t have a show recap ready for the blog – but I thought it would be fun to decipher the last five seasons of RHOBH and look for the same old storylines – because this bunch of actresses frankly aren’t that original. Some are still playing the same role, others have stolen their role from someone else. It’s all just a little – yawn – if you know what I mean, which might be why their ratings are so much lower than Atlanta.
1) The S1 & 2 Child star hiding her addiction story line for Kim Richards is being revisited by no other than Kim Richards herself in S5. After a “where is Kim” start to the season, she’s the talk of almost every scene in the show right now. Look for a repeat of rehab and missing the reunion.
2) The sloppy drunk storyline of Taylor Armstrong in S2 is being revisited by Brandi Glanville in S4 and 5. Brandi has her own twist on things – Taylor claimed an abusive husband; Brandi claims an emotionally abusive cheating husband.
3) The tough love mother to the sloppy drunk role Lisa Vanderpump played in the early part of S4 is being revisited by Yolanda Foster in S5. Ironically, Yolanda chided Lisa V for playing the role in S4 before claiming it as her own.
4) The calm mediator in the sister feud was played by Adrienne Maloof in S1. That role now goes to Eileen Davidson in S5.
5) The support system for the child star hiding her addiction was played by Adrienne Maloof in S2; that role now belongs to Brandi Glanville in S5.
6) The angry, hypersensitive sister of the child star was played by Kyle Richards in S1; she’s revisited that role in S5.
7) The “Truth Cannon” for the addiction storyline was played by Brandi Glanville in S2; this time around the role goes to Lisa R. Look to Brandi to chide Lisa R on this role during the reunion.
And those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head. Carry on – I’m sure you’ll find dozens more.