Newlyweds – The First Year – Episode Two Recap

Newlyweds – The First Year – Episode Two Recap by JustSoMercedes

OK I need to tell on myself.  I watched the latest episode on my lunch hour at work and wrote my notes and I left them on my desk!!!  Ahhhh so I’m going at this blind but I recall the good stuff.  So last we left our newlyweds everything was all find and dandy as they entered into wedded bliss.  Well now the wedding is over, the dress is packed, and now everything changes though nothing has changed.

newlyweds-season-2-wedding-kirk-and-laura-16

Kirk & Laura – OK, these two are going to make me crazy I can see it now.  He wants his toys and hobbies but doesn’t realize that marriages are partnerships.  She thinks she can change him!  She was with him for four years and thinks she can now get him to do housework and care about more than just his aquarium.  I am a firm believer in getting the major points established PRIOR to marriage and they just were together and had a wedding but didn’t really talk about a marriage.  Laura does sweet things like cook breakfast in bed for Kirk.  Hey, I can’t wait for someone to do that for me.  Does anybody know any hot single guys?!?  Help a sista out!!  Laura also wants Kirk to go to the grocery store – Kirk looked like Laura was speaking Chinese.  Kirk shows Laura his huge investment in a beautiful exotic aquarium.  I have always wanted one of those but they are very expensive to maintain and I don’t have the room.  For Laura all she sees is money instead of a fish when it gets flushed down the toilet.  Kirk sees a hobby – an expensive hobby.  He even had to get sneaky when he went to the fish store to pick up a new friend for the tank.  Laura busts him on the way home.  His face was priceless…but at least Laura knows he’s a bad liar, which works to her benefit in the future.  She gets pissed when he takes too long coming home and she needs help getting ready to have guests over.  There she is justified in being upset.  She is also justified by sitting down and trying to talk some sense into Kirk about taking some time to pay off the wedding and get a budget together before he buys a Corvette.  I mean where do the baby things go?  It sounds like they need to have a discussion about more than just the car.  Kirk seems pretty set on the fact that he is done having children and I cannot believe that they didn’t discuss it.  Or maybe they have, but Laura thought she could change him.  I’m going with the latter.  Lets see if Kirk gets his baby or Laura gets her baby first.

newlyweds-season-2-wedding-erik-and-nadine

Erik & Nadine – I’m being super honest when I say I cannot stand Nadine and I would not be surprised if they admit that maybe they rushed into things.  But to her credit, I think it’s sweet that she is trying to get into some of Erik’s hobbies like Star Trek and dressing up for Comic Con.  Their honeymoon looks beautiful and what a great perk to be able to get a lot comped in order for Nadine to do some writing.  They travel to Hong Kong, Austalia and New Zealand.  It looked magical but the giant spider is a big fat NOPE for me!!  While they were in Hong Kong cows just magically started walking down the street.  Nobody seemed to be bothered by them.  They probably belonged to a Buddhist monistary or a farm nearby.  Sidenote – my great grandfather had a farm with lots of cows.  Every day they would be let out to graze and knew when to come home at the end of the day.  You would see them walking through the town going into their pasture.  The cows literally came home!!  So that is why I wasn’t so surprised to see the cow.  Erik decided to pet the cow….and Nadine’s head explodes!!  She is freaking out!!  While I totally understand that there are exotic things people can get traveling abroad but you can also get really sick just eating the local food as well.  If they did their research I’m sure a Fodor’s guide would tell them what to watch out for.  Washing your hands and using some hand sanitizer could have helped make the stupid argument totally avoidable.  So Nadine flips out over him petting the cow and handing a tote bag over to her.  They begin to bicker and I have no coined them the Bickersons because this isn’t the last we will see of senseless arguing.  And I was right!!  They are about to go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef….AMAZING!!  Nadine in her talking head says that isn’t #1 on her hit parade of things to do, but is doing this for Erik.  As they are preparing for their dive it turns out that Nadine recently had a chest infection that doesn’t make diving at this time a good idea.  CUE THE STANK FACE!!  I think in Nadine’s mind she wanted Erik to not go because she can’t.  Well that didn’t happen and something tells me that resentment is going to follow them back to the hotel.  It looked beautiful in the reef….so jelly!!  I hope these two can get it together.

newlyweds-season-2-wedding-sam-and-laura-07

Sam & Laura – These two!!  All of a sudden it was like Laura found her voice.  So we see the beautiful estate that Sam’s mother left for Sam and her brother.  It’s used as an investment property to generate income.  Her brother hasn’t really been doing everything he should to maintain the property the way a proper manager should so Sam has now delegated the responsibility to Laura.  Well I shouldn’t say delegated, this is now her job and she draws a salary from it.  Good for her!  That doesn’t sit well with Sam’s brother, as those 2 can’t stand each other.  Also added to the mix is Sam’s dad who we learn served time in jail for a Ponzi scheme.  Because of that he has been barred from any legal opinion regarding administering his wife’s estate.  So the opinion he gives about spending too much on the outside bbq doesn’t really hold much water with anyone.  Things take a crazy turn when they sit down for dinner and Laura and Sam’s brother get into a shouting match.  It gets worse when they name call.  Not OK.  They are family now and they need to learn how to resolve issues maturely and not by lobbing insults at each other.  If they can’t resolve it like adults Sam is going to have to sit down with the both of them and give them the what for.  I think they are a great couple but too many outside issues are getting in the way.

newlyweds-season-2-wedding-toi-and-rouvaun-16

Toi & Rouvan – We begin with the combining of closets and going through and getting rid of the “single” clothes.  Rouvan wants Toi to get rid of some of her sexier dresses.  They look great on her but that “Vegas” dress belonged back in the early 2000’s.  Very, very dated.  I know she wants to hold on to that part of her life to remind her of L.A. and all the potential they have as a couple.  I think Toi feels like they could become stagnant staying in Hayward.  You can tell she misses the city life.  I don’t blame her.  Toi is a little disappointed her hair extension business isn’t doing quite as well as she would have liked.  She thinks its because people in Hayward aren’t stylish.  While I can’t entirely disagree with her on this, I don’t think it’s the sole reason.  I think the core group of people who need weaves and extensions don’t live in Hayward or anywhere close.  I’m happy to see them have “date nights” so they can reconnect and just have a nice night to themselves, even though they don’t have any kids at home.  Having it be just the two of them could become monotonous so I’m glad to see them get away.  Their dinner looked delicious.  I LOVE ME SOME GOOD FOOD!!  At dinner Rouvan springs it on Toi that he has to leave out of town on business.  Toi is disappointed, but she handled it well.  I like that she got up with him to see him off.

Next Week: Please do not let Nadine get pregnant.  No offense, but they need to be married and together, just the two of them!  Toi looks for ways to spice up the marriage.  And I misplaced my notes so I can’t remember what happens to everyone else….Ugh, until next week.

Thanks again for all the welcome comments.  I do read them.  Also I wanted to share the reason why I was so late with my blog last week was because I got my first acceptance letter to LAW SCHOOL!!!  I’m now in the nail biting process of waiting to see if I get in to the other schools I applied to.

________________________________

This entry was posted in Newlyweds. Bookmark the permalink.

232 Responses to Newlyweds – The First Year – Episode Two Recap

Congraulation JustSoMercedes for getting into law school!

Good morning!
    Thank you JustSoMercedes for the recap!

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Good morning, Tartsy!

Thanks for the recap JustSoMercedes! 🙂

👋 Foxy! Hope your plumbing and A/C is behaving!

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Don’t think the A/C is running perfectly. It sometimes sounds like the fan is running but at least it’s blowing cool air. My across the street neighbor knows an A/C guy, so I’ll wait until tomorrow to see if I should call.

I hope you’re taking it easy. 🙂

• ThatsSoMercedes says:

Thanks TexasTart!!

Congratulations JustSoMercedes!

All right, based on gossip, innuendo, and speculation, I think I may have figured out a piece in the Kim / Kyle house puzzle. Kyle bought her sisters out in 2004. The market crashed, hard, right after that. Kim decides she wants back in at the bottom of the market – into a house that is worth half of what is was when Kyle refinanced and bought out the other two. Maury knows if they hold on to it long enough they may make back their loss, but doing anything at the bottom of the market could mean a real loss not just a loss in value – so hell no. Kim doesn’t understand – and is livid.

and holds a grudge for the rest of her life. 😦

Money and family is complicated. Case in point – my mom sold real estate and became very good at it (because she worked her as$ off day and night). She bought an investment property in Orlando. My sister and her husband-to-be moved to Orlando, she was doing her residency, my mother offered to rent them the house. Win-win you would think.

The years go by, the house appreciates in value, my sister sets up her practice in Orlando and she buys a house for her family. My mother goes in and does some repairs and puts the house on the market. My sister wants to be paid when the house sells …

My sister isn’t a self centered, ego centric addict, but she didn’t or wouldn’t see the error in her thinking and this caused a rift in their relationship. They moved past it, but each of them still is hurt by what happened. Money and family just don’t mix.

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Hi ladebra. Did I miss something? Your sister wants profits from the house she rented from your mom? I don’t understand…..

Money and family don’t mix.
        In Peru, my dad bought a piece of land along with his sister. His sister let her other brother live in part of that land(big mistake). So 20 yrs later, she decides to make a third floor so she can start renting to people, and all of a sudden her brother wants profits from that or he wants to build a fourth floor so he can rent it too. Only problem is that he owns nothing! Now he’s making his sister’s life hell with the construction.

Yup. From the outside the view is not complicated, but from the inside, everyone sees what they want. My sis felt they paid the mortgage and should participate in the profit – my mom felt she was generous in only charging the mortgage payment, thus only making the appreciation on her investment. They did move past it. My mother wasn’t in a position to just let it go, my sister is in her own home and better understands the concept now … But we don’t bring it up. Even me, who likes to kid around, it’s just better to let it alone!

What is they say? No good deed goes unpunished.

Oh boy your story sounds just like ladebra’s. People that own nothing think they should get paid. Sighhhh. 😔

Your sis was basically renting your mom’s house and thought she should have gotten money out of it? OK. I’m pretty sure they don’t teach that in real estate 101. Glad they got past it though.

• IMHO- Kim thought the 20k was a loan and all she had to do was pay them back and then would get a piece of the sale price.

Again JMO? She may have been told that verbally but signed away her ownership legally.

Was she lied to? Or are her expectations unrealistic?

I guess the answer depends on whether or not you like her. Or maybe somewhere in between the two.

Kim believes she was cheated. And she’s making a huge amount of noise about it. If it causes even one potential client to think twice about working with Mauricio, then again JMO- the $ wasn’t worth it.

OMIB. I think you’re right. Something is fishy about the Pslm Springs home. Something didn’t set right with me with Kyle’s version. I cannot pinpoint what. It will be a semi monumental task to go over every blog Kyle wrote about that house, find the interviews online. I think there are inconsistencies in her account and that’s why something strikes me as fishy.
        On the other hand, all that we have from Kim’s side is the accusation. She has never explained how the house was stolen from her and until she does she sounds like cry wolf.

• Right?

I’m glad you “feel” it too.

I also wonder if Kyle was prepared to give Kim a cut but Mauricio said no way. No proof of that of course.

But Kyle’s acting like she’s between a rock and a hard place

• Veena (NMD) says:

But a cut of what? It only appreciated 30k in 12 years, and with commission, fixing things, etc, where is this big profit? They were lucky the price went up above the price it was at the time she bought out the sisters.

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Something feels off too. But to me it seems like Kim May have forgetting a lot of different conversations, so if she was alone when the deal happened, not too surprised with the outcome.

• Austin says:

I’m shocked that something “seems fishy” for you when it comes to Kyle. I haven’t seen any evidence of this “misrepresentation”, either.

• Kim got 20K for her 1/3 share of the house? I don’t think we actually know that was the amount – and I don’t think we’ll ever know unless we’re shown the cancelled checks. Best I can recall, only Kim has mentioned the amount… Kyle wrote, “My sisters BOTH wanted me to buy them out of our Mother’s house. I did so. Paying them BOTH an equal amount. Why would Kim accept anything less?” From Kathy – crickets. Bottom line: It’s an unmitigated mess. And will probably remain so…
        I tiptoed back into housewife territory this season with BH, but I’m about “done.” To quote Rhett Butler, “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Not any more.

• Rebecca wishes dragons would appear and roast every Housewife who says or does something stupid. says:

I thought Kyle bought her sisters out for $120K each.

Perhaps in Kim’s mind it was a loan and she thought she was entitled to give Kyle the cash back when she felt like it.

Perhaps Kim thought that when Kyle sold the house she was entitled to a share of the profits.

Perhaps since Kim is 100% clueless about real estate, she thought Kyle and Mauricio would finance her repurchase of the home.

Kim also says Kathy always has her back and Kyle doesn’t and we know that isn’t true, Kyle sticks up for her a lot, more that most people would. Also why would Kim has even needed the money, she would have had child support at that time and alimony. What was she doing with all her money? Was she even divorced then? She married money both times. Something isn’t right and I tend to go with Kyle’s version.

I wish they’d just signed the house over to Kim and let her sink or swim w/the ownership.

Kim wasn’t lied to. Her expectations were unrealistic. She thought since they were sisters Kyle would say ok and let her back in. Of course MO said either no way or not for $20 grand or whatever little amount Kim wanted to pay.

• C’mon.

You don’t know enough to definitely say she wasn’t lied to anymore than I know enough to say she was.

IMHO- it is not out if the realm of possibility to think that Kyle just yessed her to keep the peace until the final sale.

The buyout deal was between all the sisters. The husbands of kathy and kyle are both realtors-actually working together at the time. I’m sure they all had attorneys. So everyone lied? kim asked to be bought out so she obviously knew she didn’t own the home anymore-because she tried to give them money to get it back. She may have been told or believed that someday she could own it again-if she could afford it. That’s the issue-she wanted something she wasn’t able to handle and is mad that they didn’t cater to her. They actually told her the truth-that she couldnt manage this home-but she could still use it whenever she wanted to. It wasn’t enough to satisfy her.

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

I agree with you, Powell.

I don’t believe for ONE second Kim’s 20,000k claim. She made that claim in a TH when she was high as a kite.

• plainviewsue says:

Excellent deduction.

• plainviewsue says:

Wait. Wasn’t the market crash in 2008??? That was when the banks had to be bailed out. Right before Obama became president.

• Interesting. I do wonder when exactly Kim wanted “back in” on the ownership. Obviously it was before 2010, when Season 1 ended with the speculation.

Just to firm up some dates, is this timeline correct: Big Kathy died in 2002; the market crashed was from approx. 2006-8, and the climb back is still sluggish in places. Kyle says she kept the house 12 years, which she sold last year.

Now I’m wondering about Kim’s personal finances again. Some say she has child support that still continues with her son; others say she gets nothing else, so this HWs job is necessary income for her. I have no idea….

• Orson who doesn't own a circus or any monkeys says:

I read somewhere that child support aside, Kim gets I think $23K (either a month or annually) alimony from her second ex-husband. Which could explain why she never married her youngest child’s father.

• I’ve heard that amount bandied about, as well. She moves around so much, I can’t figure out why she doesn’t have a home of her own at her age, other than she doesn’t manage that money very well. I know housing there is insanely expensive, but with all those real estate connections and rich husbands and family, not to mention 4 kids she raised, it seems odd to me.

Looking at Kim and RHONY cast member Sonja, apparently marrying filthy rich men isn’t a sure way to end up rich yourself.

Very odd right? She didn’t get an ex to buy her a house? Each and everyone could afford. Even the BF.

• I mean yeah! The woman, by her own definition, was an iconic child star who still has devoted fans to this day. HOW did she not even keep a house, with 2 rich husbands, with 4 children in the mix? #itisamystery

Seems like there was at least 2 houses in the last marriage since when Kyle bought her out both sisters had a house in Palm Springs. I’m only assuming here that those houses were not their main residences. Why didn’t she get one of those houses in her divorce?

And you know something else? Kim keeps saying how supportive Kathy is. How come Kathy didn’t just buy her a house? After 30 some odd yrs of being a Hilton Kathy has plenty of her own dough where she could afford to buy her sis a house and not see a dent in her bank account. 😏

Right?

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Let’s see how supportive Kathy would be if she had her in the show.

When they were picking out the wedding dress-kathy was pretty mean!

• Agree. I thought Kathy marched in there and acted like it was all about what Kathy liked. Forget the bride and Kim.

Anyone else thinking this is Brandi’s new goal: get in with this powerful maven and her rich clan? Kim is the conduit Brandi can maneuver?

She does seem to attach herself to rich women. Who is richer the King or the Kathy Hilton side of the Hilton family?

• I don’t know, but let me say that I’ve heard Paris is ridiculously rich, like $80 mil or some such, from her TV shows and commercials, brand of products, etc., particularly overseas. Maybe Brandi is after Paris.

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Exactly! Maybe Kim would behave better with Kathy present?

• Really. There just has to be so much more to this story. It’s rather amazing, when you think about it, when all three sisters have been on reality shows for so many years. Not to mention, all the sex tapes and arrests and scandals of their offspring, as well. They must really have some powerful “friends” in the Hilton empire.

She’s an idiot.

Let me just put this part of the article here for Rebecca…the whole thing is written this way-it’s very ODD!! .

“Jill Zarin is among the very important so much successful and requested fact television stars inside the leisure enterprise.”

• jezzibel says:

that was written by someone, to whom english is not their 1st language or 2nd, 3rd or 4th

• Orson who doesn't own a circus or any monkeys says:

Have you ever done the trick where you write a paragraph and then send it through one of those translator web pages to… um …french, let’s say. Then you C&P the french version and use the same web page to translate it back into English? That’s what this article reads like.

What is a “well-known thriller family recipe?”

I may be a Gentile (family name) but I’ve been around Jewish people my whole life. I’ve never heard of Matzo brie pie.

“Rising up in Woodmere, Manhattan was pretty an expertise within the 70’s” Kelly, did you write this?

“Household is every little thing to me, they perform in all my happiest adolescence reminiscences” I’m sorry, can somebody translate Zarin-speak for me? I only speak English and Tre.

“this type of heard query to answer to! i actually wish to prepare dinner dinner. do you have to made me select one meals it’d definitely need to be my potato latkes.” Huh?

Oh Rebecca. That made my head hurt for a few minutes. I had to read it twice like a third grader. I didn’t make a bit of sense to me. Oy Vey. 😉

What does that mean (pointing to the tree)?

5. SoutheastVA says:

Good morning all. Watching RHONY Scary Island episodes. No matter how many times I watch it, my jaw drops. Kookoo Kelly must have been on drugs (allegedly).

6. designernailsdiana says:

booo We are supposed to get 3 inches of snow here in Minnesota. I’m so over winter now, isn’t it Spring???
    Great blog today! Justsomercedes thanks for your blogging what I can’t see.
    CenturyLink just got into comcasts area so we finally have a choice. I’ll be checking into their options and pricing.
    Blessings,
    Diana

When CenturyLink Prism first came here, they offered free installation, four free boxes, and basically every channel plus internet for $150. Then they send you a $100 gift card. Call them and whine about this offer until they cave.

Boooo is right to the snow. I hope this is it for you. I think Century Link, at least for internet is in my area or surrounding area since I’ve seen some commercials.

Tonight on Bravo in this order:
    RHOA Episode 14
    Million Dollar Matchmaker w/ Kenya Moore and Cynthia Bailey
    Fashion Queens
    WWHL One on One Interview with Bethenny

Kenya is “all that and a biscuit”, why does she need Patti to find her a man? 😏 I’m so sick of Patti’s show clogging up bravo.

Agree and giggles at the biscuit. It’s seems Bravo thought to use that show to advertise and showcase their Bravolebreties, so maybe people would see someone they like and go check out the show they’re in.

I do want to see B explain why she became embarrassed to be a HW and why she’ll never get married again.

I’m watching Jill Z ice skate and she just fell…oh the memories!! Here comes Ramona -she’s going to tell Kelly that she’s crazy and the alcohol fried her brain..hahaha I love NY!!

Looking at the Ramona Renewal of vows episode and Ramona’s hair looks so much better at this length (just at top of the shoulder). Jill has the bump that Lisa V is now so attached to. After you see Kelly act koo koo, it’s easy to forget how beautiful she is! Gorgeous smile.

9. Rebecca wishes dragons would appear and roast every Housewife who says or does something stupid. says:

Scary Island is on! AL Sharpton! Al Sharpton!

10. Veena, you have an excellent memory. I did watch this show, though I had no intentions of doing so–sigh. I winced a lot (not that I remember any kind of issues like these when hubs and I got married a century ago…ow ow ow ow). I pretty much saw what you saw: “True love never did run smooth….”

And congrats on your law school acceptance!

• Veena (NMD) says:

Well thank you, but JustSoMercedes was the blogger 🙂

• Wha…? I swear, I will learn this format one day! I will I will I will!

Sorry, Mercedes. You get the accolades and I will print a retraction on page 5.

And sorry, Veena, I withdraw your award and give it to MADDIE! [Stupid ‘Dance Moms” reference.}

Good morning everyone. It’s 45 degrees and sunny. Not as nice as were NMD has been but I guess it’s a start.

Congratulations JustSoMercedes!! How very exciting getting into law school. 🙂

LADebra (AKA lady Bra 😉) I think you hit the nail on the head here! Your sister felt she was entitled to a share of the profits because she paid rent to your mom-and I guess she figured since it was mom-she’d share. If she rented from a stranger and they sold their property she’d get nothing. This is where Kim is coming from-she thinks since it was her moms house and kyle is her sister-she’s entitled to a piece of it based on the fact that it’s family. Prople tend to think family owes them something, even when they don’t.

The reason for the buy out was because Kathy and Kim already had homes in Palm springs. Once Kim and kathy got their share, it was kyle and Mauricio’s house. They paid the bills on it for 12 years-on top of maintaining their primary home. what happened to kims Palm springs house? Did she sell it or lose it? Whenever she didn’t have it anymore, was probably the same time she went back to kyle and Mauricio and wanted back in. They said no. Kims had more then one home in the last 5 years, which tells me she rents. There isn’t anything shady here-Kim obviously couldnt afford to buy in or couldn’t get approved to buy in (she’d need a mortgage). Most importantly-kyle and Mauricio didn’t believe that Kim could afford to keep up with half the mortgage, taxes, homeowners, maintenance etc. while at the same time maintaining a primary home. So, in order to not lose the house-they’d have to pay out of their own pocket anyway-but yet kim would be legally entitled to half the profits whenever they sold it. No one did anything to Kim-they made a sound financial decision.

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Thanks for the breakdown of all this, Exit! I kinda get it now. Kinda.

Exit every time I see ladebra’s name I think of you calling her lady bra & giggle to myself. 😄

Yup Exit. Kyle and Mo didn’t do anything shady. And yes where is Kim’s PS home? Did she lose it? If she did how could she take care of her mom’s? All I know is I’m not feeling sorry for Kim.

Was Kim married or shacking up when her mother died? Maybe the PS house was only hers while married. All these husbands/baby daddies and she can’t get a house as a consolation prize? Put down the bottles, Kim.

I’m pretty sure she was single by the time her mom died. Single as in not married. She could’ve been living with a guy though! She mentioned in the ep about her daughter riding golf carts after school in Palm springs-so she must have lived there full time at one point. i think kim is like Brandi-always moving.

• Lol! This is awesome!

No one who could speak English would write such a puff piece so they had to go like Bangladesh or someplace to find a dupe.

Also just because Kim wanted back in did not mean Kyle and Mauricio had to let her, they bought that home fair and square and were under no obligation to resale it to either her or Kathy, it was solely their place. If they had wanted her back in they would have sold her a share, since they didn’t sell her a share I’m guessing they didn’t want her back in.

How fun! I saw still pics of this event and it looked like a large crowd! Thanks for posting this!

Also – on the house situation – if Kim wanted that house so much why didn’t she just buy it when Kyle put it up for sale – the asking price was barely above the price 12 years ago? I call BS on her whole whinefest.

Yup. Why didn’t she just buy it? She wanted Kyle to “give” it to her. I wish they had.

• austin1963 says:

This is an excellent point. I agree with Exit above, too. Plus the only person we’ve ever heard the “$20K” figure from was Kim in a TH when she was clearly loopy. I think the reason that Kim is so angry with Kyle is that she’s been able to control her, especially guarantee her silence, because Kim knows that Kyle didn’t want to air all this family laundry and would be somewhat embarrassed to have to do so. So she’s made these little accusations along the way because she knew that Kyle would remain silent in the face of them. Except she overplayed her hand and has pushed Kyle to the point of either keeping silent so as to not make Kim upset, a train which has already left the station anyway, or Kyle feels forced to speak up for herself (and by association, Mauricio) because at this point, Kim is basically setting Kyle up as a liar AND a thief and herself as the innocent victim. Plus Mauricio is in real estate, he can’t have his drunk of a SIL going around telling anyone who will listen that they “stole” a house from Kim without providing any facts or context, and enough just got to be enough.

I think Kyle did what she supposed to do with the house and Kim is just a nasty bitch. Kyle is still trying to protect Kim and in the end people are thinking Kyle is shady. She will never let it all out-she’s always going to protect that part of Kim-Kyle will always be the “bad” sister-she hates that fact-she never wants to be seen in a bad light-but she’s not going to to tell us everything. She’s going to live with the fact that people think she stole Kim’s house (why does Kim think it was HER house?) and it’s going to drive her crazy but she’s not going to spill all the secrets. That tells me that she’s isn’t really the bad sister Kim wants everyone to believe she is. I think Kim is the bad sister-and a bad person in general.

LIKE ⭐

That about covers it!

• Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

Amen Sister.

I don’t know how Kyle could any more explicitly explain this. And, for god’s sake, Kim was caught lying RED HANDED while talking about it in the last episode. NOTHING out of her mouth can or should be believed.

• austin1963 says:

I agree with every word of that. And it looks like some people will defend Kim no matter how much she lies so Kim’s strategy is somewhat working with some claiming that it’s all so “fishy”. But Kyle will just have to live with that unless she wants to air every piece of dirty underwear in the hamper. I know the women on the show want Kyle and Kim to reconcile, but I think the best thing for Kyle, and by extension Kim, would be for the two sisters to part ways.

15. Cityside says:

I agree JNNTJ, on all counts. OK sleuths–What happened to Kim’s Palm Springs house?

Cityside

16. It is not unusual for siblings to buy each other out. Kim could have bought out Kathy and Kyle, Kathy could have bought out Kyle and Kim…typing this out..this is the first time I realized they all have K name, omg, smh and rme!!! Anyway, the buy out could have happened any of these ways but it didn’t and I am sure that it was for a good reason. Kim may not understand equity, because who knows how much equity was in the house…so $20,000 was her share of the equity not the list price of the home…omg, smh and rme!!! With the market crashing it could have been upside down…Kyle says she lost money..who knows.. Kim is a bitch no matter what state of consciousness she is in….a really mean bitch!!
    This season has made me feel sorry for Kyle, I know she really needs to get some counseling to “detach with love” or go to Alanon and learn some principals to practice in all of her affairs…..but I see that she is trying to protect that idiot sister of hers. Kim has had more opportunites than 95% of the people that seek help, I don’t feel sorry for her at all. I spent a year on disability in my room when I was getting off drugs, I didn’t have any high class rehab facility taking care of me…she is selfish and self-centered. She can barely utter the words I am an alcoholic, she stumbles on it every time….bitch you are not only an alcoholic, you are a drug addict….#getwise #takingherinventory #judgingyou #insanityordeath

PrincessP I’m glad you got well. Sometimes people don’t want to get “well” and sometimes those same people like others feeling sorry for them. Maybe that’s Kim.
      Hasn’t Kim seen since S1 Kyle has been doing nothing but covering for her and protecting her. Hasn’t Bobble Head seen it?

• The “known” is less scary than the “unknown”….like a child that would rather sit in their own sh*t than get their diaper changed…she is comfortable in her own sh*t… I am afraid that this is not going to end well…

Congratulations on your sobriety, and thank you for sharing. I Have noticed Kim stumbling over the word alcoholic … and her saying “don’t feel sorry for me, you don’t know what I go through every night” just had the ring of someone who is not sober.

• It is weird saying thank you for not doing something I shouldn’t have done in the first place but “Thank You!” It’s funny, I have no problem saying I’m a drug addict. I have been clean twice as long as I wasn’t but I still know myself. I have no shame about it because I have done the hard work….I know the “whys” ” and the “how comes”…and I made ALL the choices, I have no “yeah buts”. I am completely responsible for my actions. I was 13 and made a choice to get high for the first time. I continued to make that choice for 13 years. I am lucky that I got clean so young and I had hid it so well from my family that there were no consequences for them except for having to see me so ill when I did get clean. There were never any late night calls or any of the typical addict behavior for them to deal with. Money was never an issue. I was very functional until the day I wasn’t. I hit bottom hard and fast, there was no “‘trying’ to get clean”, lol! It would be easy to forget about it and pretend it wasn’t who I am today but that wouldn’t be honest and I would be no help to others. My children have always known. I have never hidden it from them, they went to meetings that had child care. PBB helped with PowerPoint when she got older, lol. She has even gone thru a year long 12 step class.
        #itworksifyouworkit

Prince Ali a few blogs ago-looked up the transaction and the moms house was $236,00o and Kyle and Mauricio bought it for $420,000. That’s $184,000 increase just on the sale price. I’m not even considering the down payment, which would make her actual loan less then that and the years of mortgage payments she made, which would make the profit even higher. That’s $92,000 for both kim and Kathy right there. Maybe less with costs-but I’m thinking it’s was really 6 figures for kim and Kathy-since I’m leaving out the equity because it would be just a guess. If mom was mortgage free-it would be $140,000 for each of them. Less costs. When kyle says they lost money-she means that when her and Mauricio sold it for, I think it was $470,000, 12 years later-it was only $50,000 more then they paid (again-just using The sale price-not going to guess the equity). Basically, they put more into it then they got out of it in the end. Especially if they made improvements, which I believe they did.

If Kim only got $20,000 that property was severely distressed. I don’t think it was-she’s using Brandis legal bills math!

• It would be split 3 ways, Kyle gets her share of the profit….on paper….

You know what? I gave kim and Kathy half the profit and left kyle out! Lol! I guess Mo won’t be hiring me at the agency! It’s not $92,000 to kathy and kim-it’s $61,000 to all 3! Again, probably 6 figures or slightly below when you factor in the equity. Kyles share went straight towards a down payment and the others got cash.

• Also with about 12-15,000 in closing costs it is getting down to about 25,000…more or less what has been said….so I don’t see any big rip off here… Even with Maurice handling the transaction there are broker fees, and title insurance and everyone has their hand in the pie… It is usually a brokerage firm as opposed to one person as a broker….so you don’t get it for free, a discount of fees maybe but people still need to get paid…I am not sure about it but it makes more sense than Kyle and Maurice trying to rip off Kyle’s poor wasted sister…for a lousy 10 or 15,000 $$$…

That’s high for closing costs! But California. Lol. But it would be $15,000 total, not from each of them. The house is in a trust (I’m pretty sure-kyle used the word specifically and its common, my moms house is in a trust-it’s a tax thing and no probate) so the trust (kyle is the executer-but an attorney actually would oversee the trust) is the seller of record and Kyle and maurico are the buyers. So they’d absorb the closing costs as buyers normally do. So, if they split the costs 3 ways and deducted that from kim and Kathy’s cut-Its still over $50k. I’m thinking really, that if the home was in a trust-it was paid for. $20k is just too low. I made a 6 figure profit from a condo-thank you inflated housing market of 2007!-and it wasn’t even close to the price of this house.

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Very well said. Kyle is probably going to have to show us the cancelled checks sooner or later if Kim keeps suggesting that she was cheated.💷💶pretend these are check emojis. Lol

Pindy -you had me at bitch and idiot sister!!

• austin1963 says:

I’m so glad you got well. It’s a great accomplishment.

17. Here’s some basic real estate trivia in response to the real estate crash issues which may or may not play into the STOLEN HOUSE OF KIM RICHARDS mystery:

I’m not an expert in real estate, and no one has come forward with the stone cold facts of this real estate dispute, so all I can do is depend on my own experience and the research I’ve done–I was searching for a residential property in the 3 years before the crash, and I’m a careful shopper.

What I have concluded is that owning residential property is not money-making for the investor on its face. Many investors make their money simply by maintaining control of it by putting it into an asset–the property. Otherwise they ‘d be paying it to Uncle Sam for taxes. (This is what no one tells us po folks; we have to figure that out for ourselves.)

While markets fluctuate based on variants, the increase of a good residential property’s value was on average annually about 10%, maybe less; it’s the equivalent of a good stock market investment. Or it was before the crash. That’s my understanding, anyway.

But that investment formula changed with the 2008 market crash–a historical anomaly similar to the 1929 crash. The 2008 crash was created by gov’t. deregulation of the mortgage and banking industry in 2002. Housing prices subsequently rose at a rapid pace due to irresponsible developers in bed with the mortgage brokers, who all got their money up front. To sell over-built housing created in the sprawl of outlying neighborhoods most of us couldn’t afford, they created “liar loans”, interest-only loans, and balloon mortgages. It was a market built on paper dreams, because anyone could get a loan for their “dream home” if they were willing to lie and/or pretend they could make payments beyond their ability. [Hello, Tre and JuicyJoe.]

Don’t even get me started on the following economic crash and GOV’T. BAILOUT of the BANKS…#&!HOTDANG*%EFFING#(@*#*^!!

This crash did begin around 2006 as over-sized housing continued to go up, while buyers willing to sign irresponsible loans dwindled. This is when I personally looked at many empty new homes in neighborhoods surrounded by vast, vacant acreage forested with exposed white PVC plumbing pipes lining empty new streets. I’ve lived a long time and never have I seen anything like it.

I talked with agents sitting alone in these behemoths. Tales of filthy rich investors over time turned into stories of vandalism, suicide, and bankruptcy. Even stranger, there was NO market correction in pricing these homes; the banks, to create an illusion of responsible investments, just kept the forlorn properties at their original inflated market pricing, shown on the balance sheets as an asset rather than a loss. Then our TAX MONEY went to shore up their dried up cash flow, and voila…but I said DON’T get me started on the BAIL OUT!

I could go on, but it’s all been said before…and I digress.

When Big K died in 2002, as a routine investment, this hadn’t happened. during normal peaks and valleys in the market is you break even on what you put into the property: down payment, closing costs, mortgage, taxes, insurance, maintenance, and any upgrades will pretty much balance out any market rise in value. Once the property is paid for, with a traditional mortgage, you have equity and can increase your profits if it’s a rental, but as time wears on any structures and commerce changes what is around it, taxes on profits increase, maintenance costs increase, and you’re constantly re-investing to maintain the status quo.

[Gov’t. property tax assessment actually includes a “lifespan” for housing, which is 27 years, after which your original building is theoretically worth 1/27th of its original value, adjusted for market fluctuations, of course. Even neighborhoods have an expected lifespan, after which they become stressed–hence, “gentrification” funded by…wait for it…TAX BREAKS for new development. HA!]

Owning a property does give you equity from the mortgage payment applied against your principal loan, but in a long term evaluation of what you pay for the original loan, what you’re losing in CASH taken off the top by the mortgage holder is a stunningly high percentage of each payment for the first 15 years of the loan. This can be argued as a significant loss if instead you had taken that money and put it into another tax haven or a good stock investment.

More bad news: there’s also no windfall to any increase in your own home’s property value over time If you are selling to upgrade; your next home will be priced according to the current market in which you sold.

I know this is TMI, but this is why, for me, it’s hard to say what Kyle/Mauricio “made” from the Desert house, if anything, or that they swindled Kim. Maybe they did, but I will need to see legal documents to say that, and I don’t think that’s going to happen, unless they bring them to the Reunion. #deargawdpleaseletthathappen

Here’s the original jill article! I clicked on that world news site and none of their articles make sense! Definitely run though Google translator or God knows what! Lol. That was funny.

19. http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/03/bethenny-frankel-refused-andy-cohen-bravo-talk-show/

Allegedly Bethenny demanded WWHL be taped instead of being live so she could control the questions

To the best of my memory every One on One with housewives are taped. Never live.

• chismosa-irresponsible conjecture, rubbish, assumptions, innuendo, & gossip!! says:

Bethenny a control freak ??? You must be crazy.

The therapist on RHOA with the group – he needs to host the reunion!

22. NJBev says:

I am really enjoying this therapy session-
    -wish Nene would have stayed

Hi! Yes and so funny at the end when one of the ladies said the Dr. needs therapy from giving them therapy, lol

23. NJBev says:

I am beginning to become very discouraged with Kandi-

I would like to know how many minutes were they in session before Nene fled the scene. I thought she gave up too easy.

• NJBev says:

ITA, she gave up too early-
      But for some very strange reason, I felt like they were
      “Dog pile on the Rabbit” lol
      And Dr. Jeff seemed like he went out of his way to show the girls that he wasn’t favoring Nene. But he did nothing to make her feel safe-
      I only say this b/c I was in a very similar situation with a therapist years ago,
      and I felt like he worked too hard to gain the trust of the other individual and did
      very little to keep the conversation from being very one-sided-
      ………sigh, so disheartening. I never went back to him, 3 years of trust
      blown in an hour.

25. NJBev says:

Hi!! 🙂
    I think Kandi has some “dis-connect” issues? if that even makes any sense at all-
    Maybe it’s from losing her brother, or the years of verbal assault from the mother.
    But if Kandi doesn’t want to deal with it, she has such weird reactions-
    She is some kind of an enigma to me.
    The things that I used to find so endearing about her are now simply irritating.
    SBA for sure!

Phaedra’s TH outfit just needs a matching head-dress and an Elephant. 🎪

27. Cynthia is annoying me

• NJBev says:

she always gets on my nerves.
      Reminds me of the girl from the “Big Bang theory”
      -the episode where Blossom is loving the fact that the other 2 girls
      are in a fight and she is finally the “popular” girl..

Script reading was boooooring on BH and it’s boooring on ATL! Next!

29. Claudia looks very Italian in her talking head with her darker hair

Oooh no, they’re gonna travel out of the country together and embarrass us. 😕

31. What on God’s Green Earth is Phaedra wearing? Like a chinchilla stole? Wtf?

Whooop!! Phadera says Apollo coned her!?! 😬

You married him cuz you were pregnant and tried to hide it. Keep up the Southern Belle facade. Should’ve just been a single mother.

Wait a minute! So Patty asks Kenya if her suitor makes $500,000.and she says yes. But isn’t this MILLION Dollar matchmaker? Oh…it’s the subject is worth a million? Wait a minute! Kenya isn’t worth a million, is she?!

That was supposed to say Kenya was asked if it’s okay if her suitor makes a half mil and she said yes.

They picked some good guys for the two ladies tonight. The other couple went to dinner at Villa Blanca…because you can never have too many crossovers at Bravo, lol. Kenya pick two very handsome men, but she and James had amazing chemistry. I hope they are still together.

It said both couples are still crazy about one another and still dating. Waiting for Kenya to confirm on twitter….

She said so recently on, I believe Wendy. And she and claudia said that Andy could have met the new boyfriends had he gone out with them ….

Haven’t watched. I’m two weeks behind on ATLANTA 🏃🏃🏃

• NJBev says:

Cynthias tweet makes it seem like Kenya and James are getting married…
        “wishing you a lifetime of love and Happiness” isn’t that what every
        wedding card says?

#Shade

LOL!

anti brandi right ????

I hate that poor egotistical-mamas-boy Mike gets the bad rap always when its his snake costars that are truly worse but it’s not as obvious. 😕

• NJBev says:

i think it’s pretty obvious that his “friends” are not really that loyal to him-
        that group is horrible to anyone on the outs-
        rmbr how they treated MJ during the one reunion?
        the next year it was Mike, right?

The next year was GG.

Now it’s Mike.

Rezas hands are always clean.
          Assssa was made fun of S1 but since she kisses Rezas butt she’s untouchable now.
          She passes judgement on everyone around her though

• NJBev says:

wtf?

“w/ some housewife?’
      what a douchebag. maybe he’s joking?
      anyone know who the housewife is?

Brandi!

Very funny. Thanks for bringing here Jill!

• NJBev says:

i can’t believe that Brandi is on again-
          all these howives and they can’t bring anyone else out?
          how ’bout promoting some NY?

How disgusting to have Brandi back again and again. And after her on air joke to Andy.
            And she gets seated next to him in the reunion –does he mistakenly think she’s a draw????!

36. NJBev says:

well, I find Kenyas post very vague-

I was channel surfing and found this show on A&E about “Swingers”and it is freaking me out!!!!

• NJBev says:

it’s called “Neighbors with Benefits”
      –these people are really playing with fire
      (I’m not judging their lifestyle, I’m judging them on their decision
      to film it. These people have children-)

She’s AMAZING !!!!

• Laineylainey says:

I follow Lisa R on IG. A lot of what she posts is kinda negative. There’s humor there, but it’s mostly negative. Do any of her other followers agree?

Not on IG, just Twitter. She’s edgy, her own words can be harsh, but she’s somewhere in the middle….on twitter. Do all of the graphic quotes or sayings live on IG? If so, I do know what you’re talking about…lots of attitude in those.

PS: She deleted the snake photo….why? Harry wasn’t going to kill it. I guess she got a lot of flack. Sounds like that often…like above^^^.

She deleted all the tweets above except the one in the box.
      #serialdeleter

Lisa R is OCD = obsessive compulsive deleter. 😕

I just twatted her and I screenshot your stuff here. She seriously needs to calm down

40. Laineylainey says:

I’m watching Kenya on mm. There was a shot of the side of her face where they laser focused on her skin. It was not flattering at all. I can’t believe they wouldn’t see that in post production. It’s mean that they would show that. Did anyone else catch that?

I didn’t see that!

She gets called out on bad skin a lot. But then I see shots of nene with her face close up near her naso labial area and its quite similar.

Kenya’s prettier naturally and has done less to her face + natural hair. SHE WINS 🏆🏆🏆🏆. Lol

*hugs PrincessPindy really hard* I am very proud of you, and once again, humbled by your courage – I can only imagine the struggles, the fear and the hurt that you walked through – your family is blessed to have you and your are blessed to have them – *hugs PrincessPindy really hard again*

Kim – take notes – no whining, no placing blame on everyone else – just quiet courage, determination, acceptance of a past gone wrong and the will to get strong and remain so -you still have family that cares about you – stop running from it –