Real Housewives of Melbourne S2, Ep 9 – Gina’s New Shoes (No Good Deed Goes Unpunished)
Sorry I am late this week, real life roared its head and left me with more to do than I had hours in the day/week. In order to get this out before the next episode airs – I will do a lot more paraphrasing than actual dialog.
Jackie & Ben
The episode opens with Jackie and Ben happy Jacks is back from the Philippines, Ben somewhat admonishing Jacks on her constant use (and misuse) of the word “couture” saying he has no idea why she says it all the time. (Couture, which is a third of what comes out of her mouth, joins another third called profanity, and the rest to me is either benign or gibberish.)
He is happy she is home, she is happy she is home, and even tells him of her poor behavior while away. He said something about him being her ozone layer – she tells him things and he puts them into perspective for her. Interestingly as Jackie speaks, one would think she wasn’t on the same show we all watched, LOL! Nothing worth reporting here…next…
Remembering back, Lydia couldn’t go on one of the trips (Sydney, I think) because she and her husband were moving back into their newly renovated home. Chyka comes over to see the house, and it was very nice, I was pretty impressed with some of her selections, and it all seems to look rather nice. It is nice to see her putting her skills to good use.
Chyka brought her some kind of plant, took the tour, loved the home…and I LOVED LOVED LOVED the atrium!
Lydia has 2 dishwashers in her kitchen (my kitchen would be cleaner if I had two also), and Chyka agrees 2 would be nice, and then Lydia says 4 would be nice… 2 in the kitchen and 2 in the butler’s pantry…(like she ever does dishes)
Her Den/living room/family room (lounge I guess it would be) has a great flow to the atrium as well. Very nice Lydia!
She also has electric drawers in her kitchen which are also the soft-close kind. They are triggered by the cabinet by whichever drawer you want opened. Should be interesting when the power goes out, eh? Can’t get a pot or a spoon!
Gina and Gamble in the Car
The ladies are talking and Gina says she loved the trip to the Philippines – it was great, but she wished that Jackie hadn’t lost her cool the way she did…and maybe Petti could have approached her in a different way…and says she is struggling a bit with her…and Gamble agrees saying she was pretty rude. Gina goes on to say that people who are always saying things like Ned Kelly and complaining about everything she does is not really conducive to a friendship.
Janet’s Tea Launch
I don’t know whether or not this is due to production requesting it or not, but it seems so repetitive to always go through the whole ‘Jake Accident Story’ every time either the tea or his name is brought up. I’m not snarking here either, it just seems like reasonably intelligent adults can remember the story from the first time, right?
- Janet going through the Jake story
- Gina tells Jackie she looks cute then asks if she is hiding something under her top and asks if she is pregnant (her outfit was a fail in my book)
- Jackie says she wouldn’t be drinking if she was and asks if Gina is calling her fat…both comments were said in banter not in anger.
- Gina tells Jacks (Lord only knows why) that she has named shoes after the girls but to keep it a secret.
- Jackie doesn’t understand why it should be a secret (cause the sneak preview hasn’t happened yet and she wants it to be a surprise Jackei! Are you really that obtuse?)
- Jackie makes a snarky DC.
- Carlos shows up (remember he is the one Janet said saw the alleged pictures of Gamble…
- Janet says she didn’t invite him and introduce him to Gamble on purpose to start something (riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight).
- Gamble confronts him…he hedges …Janet can’t believe he told her he had seen the photos…
- Jackie-the-good-Samaritan asks Gamble privately if there are pictures and says “if there is a photograph of you it’s going to be f***ed.” Gamble says there is not.
- Gina and Gamble talk and she encourages her to tell him to show her the photos
- Gina/Gamble/Carlos talk
- Carlos said he saw them on a camera and Gina says then you need to give her the photographer’s name and he won’t…
- Gina asks is she was in a bikini, or performing oral sex?
- Carlos still hedging and did say something about by the pool
- Gina wants him to fess up and says it sounds like the story was all blown out of proportion
- Janet says he gilded the lily on this one!
- END RESULT – MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING! However it could have really ruined her reputation…does Carlos want his own storyline on the show? JUST RUDE to do what he did.
Lydia & Petti Talk
Lydia asks Petti what’s up with her accent thing(ie)…Petti says it seems the attention to her is about her accent…Petti says “Who cares, I speak English?” Lydia says she loves how she speaks and her accent…
DC/Lydia: Pettifleur has a beautiful sexy voice and accent…it’s a Mediterranean…no…I don’t know what it is (in a previous episode she called her nationalities a bit of a mongrel)…Pettifleur’s accent is not an Aussie accent…
Lydia says she thinks she needs to say to Gina I have something that is upsetting me…and it’s coming from you…and can we sort it out?
DC/Petti: Somehow Gina has caught on to the fact that I don’t like my accent being mimicked, so she continues doing it to push my buttons.
Okay so after Lydia says Petti should address it wilt Gina (ALONE), the girls are all sitting at the table as Lydia speaks to Gina and says that Petti has a problem with Gina mimicking her accent.(WHAT??? …Lydia your advice to Petti was good…why are you addressing it to Gina?)
Petti says she doesn’t like attention brought to her accent. Gina says OK fair enough, but I thought it was cute. Gina says in a DC she has mimicked her, but she hasn’t mocked her! (Good luck getting her to understand that one Gina, LOL)! Gina goes on to say if I have ever mocked her it is because of what she is saying not how she is saying it. Then it gets into the racist thing again…PETTI. THAT IS GETTING OLD! Moving on…Gina said in here DC that the going around in circles conversations with Petti answering questions with questions is enough to make your brain blow! And if Petti is implying that she is racist – she is a MORON!
Gina Liano Shoe Line – Sneak Preview @ The Doll House
Gina says she has been a Barrister for 15 years but her heart is always with the fashion industry…(Read her book to know more about her mother and sisters all being in the Fashion Industry since 1985 and how she used to work in the Boutiques)
This section of the program is hard for me because all the other ladies want Gina to support their efforts and really only Gamble supported this shoe segment without snarking and saying:
- Gina should have asked them before using their names
- Janet says her shoes are for an old lady and are “Nana” shoes, and I have to wonder what Nana (grandmother) would be walking around in rhinestone studded 5” heels? She said Chyka’s are ugly too.
- Gina hopes the girl’s feel honored she has named the shoes after them, and that they like the style.
- Lydia says it isn’t her style of shoe – the ones named after her
- Janet says Gina is trying to make her money off the “Names” of the ladies…really? Who would buy Roach Shoes Janet?
- Petti doesn’t want her BRAND (name) used without permission…she apparently doesn’t understand that the Brand is Gina Liano, and the name of the shoe is the model # so to speak. And remember on the Sydney trip, I think, she was ecstatic about the Petite Fleur jewelry line? A bit hypocritical isn’t it?
- Chyka did say that she wished she had been asked about it first, but she and Gina talked about it and decided to ultimately use Chessie, I think for her daughter…Chyka didn’t attend the sneak preview, but sent her daughter in her place.
- Petti says who knows more about shoes than she does because she is the Imelda Marcus of Melbourne…(add this to her EXPERT resume)
- When it came time to showcase the shoes on the models, after a few of them went, Lydia and Petti crashed the catwalk, which was in such poor taste, and they certainly wouldn’t have approved of that kind of behavior at one of their events! (Gamble said it was like watching a Labrador and a Chihuahua run with a greyhound.)
- Petti brought up the Yves Saint Laurent vs Christian Louboutin lawsuit because one pair had red soles to Gina.
- Gina said they are only samples.
- Gina got tired of her bitching and said she would gladly take her name off the shoes if she wanted her too!
- Lydia said Gina has a particular style but we’ll have to see if she knows how to run a business!
- Only Gamble was excited for Gina AND having a pair of shoes named after her!
Petti and Janet Shopping
Not much of interest here they are picking out vintage dresses for Jackie’s Vintage La Mascara Garden party. Janet bitching about Gina’s shoes and Nana shoes. Petti says her name is unique and she doesn’t want any other bitch using it. Janet does a really snarky DC about Gina doing something because she loves the girls so much…more about the red sole lawsuit…Janet says she didn’t know that (so here is Janet’s next thing to blow way out of proportion).
Now Petti comparing Gina’s issue about Petti’s book and calls it a “take me down moment”…and says Gina and the red sole is a Gina take Gina down moment…whatever that means.
Gamble and Tempest Talk
Not much here just about her surgery and recovery
Chyka in Car Ride with Janet
Bitching about their names on the shoes and the shoe styles.
DC/Janet: I didn’t care if she named a shoe after me…but I wanted a good shoe…I don’t want the ugly shoe…why do I always get the Nana shoe?…I don’t wear those shoes…that’s not my shoe…I don’t want that shoe…
Then she says she is going to call the bowel cleansing tea Gina! (Read her book dahling, that is a really rude comment considering…)
Garden Party – The Face of La Mascara
Y’ALL NEED TO WATCH THIS for yourself…even the misfiring of the champagne opening…Jackie exits by helicopter…and then returning of the helicopter to toss the car keys on the ground so Ben wouldn’t have to walk home…Petti’s hat that she calls a “Jackie O” hat that Gina thinks it is a 1950 toilet paper holder …Janet tells Gina she F***ing hates her shoes and figures she and Chyka got the crap ones…Gina says she is wearing the one designed for her to the Bond Girl Hen’s Party and for Janet to watch how good she looks in them…they are cutting edge and she attributed that to Janet (in your face Janet)…sheesh…the rest I will do in pictures, save one last thing…check out the new “FACE” of La Mascara! Gina also has a funny DC about Bogans and Jackie using the word Couture…
The term bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/) is an Australian and New Zealander slang word that can be used to describe a person with a lower working class background, or whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplify a gratified working class mentality and depending on the context, can be pejorative or self-deprecating. The bogan person will generally lack sophistication and refinement.
Jackie has places to go and people to see so the helicopter comes to take her away…and she says she feels like Lydia…
Then she realizes she has the car keys, so the chopper comes back and she throws then out of the chopper on the ground…
- Gamble’s Hen’s party complete with the strippers Gamble said she didn’t want.
- Jackie starts a fight with Gina (nothing new here, LOL)
- Petti’s book is self-published and here is what she had to say about it: “I’m self-publishing, because I don’t want my message lost in editing or proofreading or whatever. Publishers take away the message from your book. My book is not about selling my book,” she insists.
- Jackie, Janet and Chyka were on the Today Show this past week – After panning to Janet, Chyka and Jackie, and then back to Kathy Lee and Hoda, one of the ladies must have spilled some of their champagne and KL & H laughed…Jackie rambled on over everyone else about her being a psychic where she predicted the show’s success in the U.S. in Prime Time…and Hoda says “It is?” (LOVE YA HODA!)
- 2 more regular episodes and an additional 2-part Reunion to come
Ciao for now!