RHOMelbourne – S2 EP12 –Reunion Part 1 by Reality_Bytes
Gamble Outwits, Outlasts & Outplays Petti in true Survivor style last night in Part 1 of the Melbourne Housewives reunion show, and I couldn’t be more proud of her finding her voice. I think we have seen the best of Gamble in this show and girlfriend is ready to soar…not just fly! And the way in which she did this you ask? Well she put miss Petti in her place!
The show opens with all of the ladies arriving separately and carrying the gown they will be wearing with 2 exceptions…Gina was already dressed to the 9’s, and Jackie was barking orders to her stylist as he was lugging several bags and yelling at him to hurry asking him what he was waiting for? Uh…they do the makeup and it is only one dress Jackie…really…a bit overdone don’t you think, especially barking orders! I’m gonna like you at the end but at the beginning? Not so much.
I am not a big fan of Alex what’s-his-toes because last year he was so soft with the women and doesn’t go for the hard questions, and I wondered if Andy Cohen had a training school Alex could attend?
However, having said that, this year he was bringing up controversial and relevant questions from people on social media to spotlight the fights and bad behavior of all the ladies and at one point after fighting ensued around Petti about her book, he finally said he needed to shut 7 bitches up … so he did far better this year, and I actually enjoyed him.
He welcomed them all individually…He asked Janet if she was ready to have tea leaves read…he welcomed Gamble calling her a reunion virgin, and she replied that she is the ‘fresh blood’, says she has no idea what she is in for tonight and says she should have worn a helmet! He welcomed Petti and said she probably has a lot to say tonight and she said ‘yes tonight I am shouting…grrreaaaaaaaaaaat!!! Jackie next and says she is the barometer of truth, and Gina commented Jackie is brutally honest! Lydia is next and he asks how her husband is doing. Alex says she took more of a backseat this season, and Lydia agreed and said because of last year’s whiplash with Gina she really didn’t have a great deal of confidence and says she has had a horrible time with ‘non-faced people’ of social media. As Alex welcomes Gina he talks about her book and how she uninvited some people…Gina returns with she mailed all the girls invitations but some of them didn’t receive them…and then her publicist decided I guess that it was the wrong venue for HW fights…Gina herself said it wasn’t really a housewife event and she wanted to keep it simple with no negativity. He welcomes Janet and asks her what she thinks of Gina doing that, and Janet replies she thought she was going and then got a text that she was uninvited and she thought it was just her…wahh wahh wahh. Gina says there is an energy when all the girls get together and they tend to put a negative spin on things…and then jokes and said if the girls would have bashed the book she would have had to stab them…Jackie looks appalled!
Does anyone have an extra sense of humor we can lend Jackie??? Alex goes on to greet Chyka saying she slid off the fence this year and Chyka says she was never a fence sitter…blah blah…Alex called her a cheekier Chyka!
Now Alex brings up how well the ladies compliment each other and all the snarky making fun of each other clips are run and this part ends with everyone doing the Janet ‘EVERYONE’ ARM WAVE.
Moving on to Alex asking Gamble if she had her feelings hurt when Lydia was mocking her speech impediment, and Gamble said yes and explained why…and Lydia gave a mea culpa look and said Oops and even apologized half heartedly. (Lydia isn’t one who should be mocking anyone since it isn’t her accent but lack of either using the correct word or pronouncing it correctly that has plagued both she and Jackie this season…glass houses and all ladies…glass houses!
Next is one of the funniest segments ever seen in any of the HW reunion shows – Gamble and Gina’s friendship…and they even showed a morphing segment of Gamble into Gina…both she and Gina have a big laugh during this segment and all the snarkies from Jackie and Janet are also played, and that is a good thing because I am not sure either of those two have any ‘real’ friendships other than surface ones…well maybe MANuela and Janet…ha ha ha…but that says it all anyway doesn’t it? Chyka is the only one who has mentioned it could be a very true friendship between Gamble and Gina (not sure I see the conviction behind her words though… Alas, she does get the A+ for the effort.)
After the morphing part and Gamble spoke and Gina spoke…Alex says Petti questioned the friendship as to whether or not is was real, and she gets downright ugly, obviously jealous because she doesn’t have the same kind of relationship with anyone that we have seen all season with the HWs or her personal friends. Petti:
- It doesn’t seem like they have much in common, and I still don’t think so
- Gamble has a little crush on Gina
- Gamble says that is condescending and she doesn’t have a crush on anyone
- Petti says you said it
- Janet says you said it was the lesbian in you
- Gamble says her point is…it’s not about having a crush it is that Gina embodies the things I respect in a woman…she’s got her own career…she studied very hard (Petti interrupts here and I missed some dialog)
- Petti says you were sniffing her butt like a little dog the whole time
- Gamble says she finds it really vulgar the way Petti speaks and she isn’t up anyone’s a$$ (Chyka turns her head, fiddles with her hair and smiles) and Gamble finishes with “it is revolting”…
- Janet says well I think you are up her a$$
- Gamble says that is disgusting and why do you speak like that?
- Chyka finally says “maybe there is a better way of saying it Janet” and Janet gets a bored look on her face
- Gamble goes on to say that Gina is like a female version of Rick, who is very sensitive, very conservative and very sober, and I am sort of the dizzy silly fun one and sometimes it is a nice balance (AMEN to you Gamble and very articulate)
- Chyka gives her same meeting someone late in life speech and it is great when a friendship like that actually happens
- Gina agrees…(and my take is why not be friends with someone who is not gunning for you all the time and starting fights?)
AFTER THE BREAK
Alex starts out by saying one of the newbies this season was a POCKET ROCKET with an even bigger mouth to match…(Thanks to Gina for the “pocket rocket” title for Petti, and thanks to Alex for pointing out what we already know…Petti has a big mouth!!!) We go through a video montage of Petti’s narcissistic comments about herself starting with…My name is Pettifleur – please call me Pettifleur (Rut Ro, I must have missed this at the beginning of the season, LOL)…and of course all her bitchy moments and her bossing people around and all her freaking out comments…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…and how she has been accepted into the group and we can all eat our hearts out…loosely translated DRIVE THE STAKE THROUGH MY HEART NOW! After wraps up Petti says “Can I go now?” My answer is twofold…first it is May I go now (we know you are capable, but will you?)…and secondly is a resounding YES!
Alex asks if the doing the show was confronting to her, and she responds with it was a great ride!
The next question (from FaceBook) is why does she talk to people like they are second class citizens when she herself comes from humble beginnings?
While Jacks winces, Chyka looks to be sleeping, and Janet is butting into the conversation…
Petti says the question is sad because she is far from that type of person. Really? You are going to go with that answer Petti?
Gamble has a non-verbal response to Petti…
She kind of ends with she is horrified when she sees how she acted…uh huh…
Is Petti assertive, aggressive, or just bitchy?
I am thinking Gina works in a man’s world as well, but I’ll bet she doesn’t treat her peers like that, nor would she need to in order to command the respect of male counterparts.
EPIC FAIL on Petti’s reasoning. Her housekeeper and the store sales people were both women and she treated them and the ladies like crap all season!
Next Alex says the other newbie came complete with a Pomeranian, chicken noises and a wolf or two! Now we see a montage of Gambles scenes which are all pretty darned funny and Gamble’s view is “It is a matter of being silly and not stupid!” Well said Gamble, and I would add that it is a lot more of “not taking yourself too seriously” in there as well!
A Twitter question is “I can’t figure out whether you are super bright or super dumb…which are you? Gamble answers BOTH!
Nouveau Riche vs Old Money
The scenes play showing Petti talking to Lydia saying her first impression of Gamble is she’s not that bright (ironic to me who she is voicing that sentiment to, LOL), the Petti says “She’s dumb, just dumb dumb dumb” (and even Jacks cringes). She tops the conversation off by saying “I can’t do dumb.”
The we go to Gamble calling Petti nouveau riche Barbie, which of course Petti doesn’t like. The next scenes are where Petti is always putting down something Gamble is wearing…and Petti says she thinks Gamble’s style is a bit of a train wreck…and then DRUMROLL PLEASE…perhaps less plastic surgery? On to the scene at the bar where Petti asks why she thought Gamble thought she spent her money frivolously (that was the headdress moment) and then the conversation about stupid again and Gamble asks so do YOU have moments of stupidity, Petti no, and Gamble says well I do, and Petti says well then I am justified (in calling you stupid…[sic]) and flashes a smile with spinach in her teeth, LOL…PRICELESS!
Another scene is where Petti says (to Jacks I think) that Gamble was like “who let the dogs out…my God…get back in your cage!”
Then it is the old money vs new money between Gamble and Petti and the infamous crap from Petti about she doesn’t have her money given to her like Gamble does and credit cards, and an allowance, etc. (A really embarrassing part of the season)…I am not going through all the ugly here again…we saw it all season, but Gamble’s comment at the reunion was spot on…(the comment comes a bit later on, so be patient ladies)
Alex thought the two newbies would have bonded and stuck up for each other…and Petti says me too… Gamble says…for someone who is supposed to be writing a book about empowering women then calling somebody stupid before you have gotten to know them at all…I found that even if I do behave stupidly at times I found that contrary to what she is trying to portray… (Lydia talking over this part of Gamble talking)…she insults me at every moment…(Gamble turns to Lydia and says excuse me I am talking now)…Gambles starts again and Lydia butts in and says “I know you are I can hear you”…Petti didn’t like my jewelry or something about what I was wearing and it gets a bit wearing on you after while…and I never tried to possess that I had all this wealth or anything, and I didn’t know how else to describe it so I used nouveau riche…because Petti is extremely obsessed with money and obsessed with Brands and all that…(Petti interrupts and calls Gamble Cuckoo…and Gamble says maybe she should have called it something else.
Alex asks Petti how she would respond to that and Petti says she thinks Gamble is cuckoo…Lydia laughs…and Petti says “How the Hell does she know ME to start talking the garbage she just did?”
Alex says but you called her stupid…
Petti replies with I was just having some fun, it wasn’t malicious…
Gina’s reaction to the having some fun comment…
Petti continues with but what she attacks is very malicious…going down bad roads like money and how much I spend and who I hang out with (which Petti is making up here)…WAIT PETTI…YOU STARTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gamble: I never said that…I never said any of that!
Petti tries to downplay all her comments in dressing down Gamble were all in fun…
Gamble says she thought nouveau riche was a pretty lightweight paddle back at Petti for all the things she had been saying throughout the season at her because she didn’t insult her taste, she didn’t insult anything she was wearing, I never took a slam at your intelligence, so I think you covered a lot more in your insults than my one comment to you to your mountains of comments every time I sat down with you on and off camera missy…so if you are going to get called nouveau riche, just suck it up because it was just a light insult back!
(I am on my living room floor bowing repeatedly to Gamble) YOU GO GIRL!
Petti – 9,476,313 comments
Gamble – 1 nouveau riche comment – cha ching!
Alex asks Petti another FaceBook question: Don’t you think it is rude to question someone about their money?
Petti’s response was…I didn’t question her about her money – she questioned me about my money!
Gambles reaction to that…
Chyka interjects here that she has a real opinion on this money thing…”My opinion of this is no matter where any one of us comes from…it really doesn’t matter…every single one of us here have our own way of doing things…and I think it is up to US to talk about those things IF we want to.
Petti continues the fight even after Chyka has said this, and says it is because she had a dig at my NEW money…and when you talk about somebody’s new money…
GET READY FOR IT…GET READY FOR IT…GET READY FOR IT…GET READY FOR IT…
Gamble: OH RUBBISH…YOUR MONEY COMES FROM YOUR PARENTS YOU IDIOT AND YOUR EX HUSBAND DAHLING!
Petti loses it and says her parents come from her (SAY WHAT?) and asks what ex-husband?
Yes folks…Petti has not 1 but 2 ex-husbands and a really rich partner now of 8 years!!!
Don’t these ladies Google each other?
Petti IMMEDIATELY apologizes to Gamble (not heartfelt…just quick words to move the reunion along) by saying Sorry Gamble! NOTE: When anyone apologizes at the top of their lungs – they are not to be believed!
After the Break – A TEARY JACKS
It seems Jackie really felt threatened by Gina…WTF? Really Jacks? Gina might break a nail…LOL…how could you possibly have felt threatened by her?
In any event I guess for the most part Jackie and Gina resolved this off camera before the reunion show(s), but for a story line…Jacks is bring it up here and attempting to squeeze out a tear…and says she didn’t want to be placed in a situation where she didn’t feel safe.
Gina is listening attentively, and shaking her head a bit.
Montage of the seasonal fights where for the most part Jackie is making accusations and being Bogan! Gina says it best where the relationship is a bit like a mother and a teenage daughter – there is love and there is affection and the there is rebellion and there is discipline. (I think Chyka even said in her blog that this was a good analogy of the relationship).
Alex believe the relationship is healthy because they both get it out and say what they feel…Gina smiles and says she would rather she keep it in! Jackie says no she isn’t going to keep it in, and Gina again says keep it in – it is uninvited!
NOTE TO JACKIE: Also there is a huge difference in being called a Bogan and displaying Bogan behavior. (She looked up Bogan in the dictionary and says Gina is mocking the working class)…Gina said no she wasn’t calling her a Bogan she said she was displaying Bogan behavior…bless Jackie’s heart, she just can’t get it right!
The argument goes on to something about how Jacks said a word GWOONE or something like that (which is actually how this Bogan stuff all got started and that was last year when Jacks brought it up and said something about Bogan to Gina)…hey ladies turnabout is fair play! Jacks calls her a legal aid barrister – Gina says she is a prosecutor, and Jackie just is playing tit for tat with her and saying if she is going to use a word like that she should know the terminology…laughable at best…Gina KNOWS the terminology and used it correctly and Jacks had to look it up…nuff said!
Now there is the reading from Jacks last season saying Gina’s partner was running around on her and Jacks thought Gina’s partner was mad…he wasn’t…he and Petti’s partner have known each other for years and they both were out on the balcony at Petti’s party, and whatever point Jackie is really bringing up for Gina to defend…was SOLVED BEFORE THE REUNION…why bring it up? In any event Gina sees Jackies frame-of-reference and sincerely apologizes to her…Petti looks like she is thinking of something to bring up next because I am sure she doesn’t want Gina and Jackie to be friends…LOL…and Jackie is doing her best to muster up a tear…NEXT!!!
Now Janet wants in on the next conversation about dilated pupils…and accuses Gina of always making a comment and running away and Chyka says there is no follow through…Janet calls it a smash-and-run…and Gina says what they are missing is she is not instigating the conversation when this happens…she is actually reacting and running…and why not if you don’t want to go through the same crap over and over?
Janet says oh Gina says it is all us…ok I am getting a drink now, and she gets up and forces a break…guess her alcohol in her bloodstream has been depleted and she must refill it!
AFTER JANET GETS REBOOZED – Switch the Bitch Book Talk…zzzzzzzz
This segment starts out with Petty being happy of course because the attention is on her…
Alex asks Petti for a reading, and following Jackies lead…now Petti is starting to cry…and when asked why she is crying, Chyka says because it is her journey…and we hear the hard knock story again…zzzzzzz
Gina asks why that makes her cry, and Lydia starts answering and Gina says to Lydia to LET HER ANSWER…Petti feebly comes up with the time and money she had to come up with to get this book where it is today selflessly (YES SHE SAID SELFLESSLY)…to be published…(Janet call BS on it and said…
…and then says “It’s all bullsh**t. There’s no crying at all, There is nothing coming… Chyka and Jacks are smiling…Janet goes on to say it is making her uncomfortable…
Petti, not missing a beat, goes on to say her 15 year old son edited it …and Petti gives a reading…this is a snoozefest.
- Next Alex asks Chyka about bitch being derogatory
- (I think I saw Gina suppress a yawn)
- Gina tells Chyka she is so agreeable – every questions she is asked she is agreeable…says a friends with everybody translates a little bit to friends with nobody…upsets Chyka
- Next ??? is did she know about the other bitch book before she wrote hers…standard Petti answer…yes she know…everyone supported her except Gamble and Gina…
- Gamble said as a friend she tried to give her a head’s up to her face and suggested an editor…she says the book didn’t look finished, it didn’t look entertaining…
- Petti defends it as “raw dahling”…
- Jacks attacks Gamble for trying to put Petti down and insert her big nose…
- Gamble said she wasn’t…
- Magazine experience comes up and Lydia-who-has-never-worked blasts Gamble that her work wasn’t important…said it was a column and not a magazine…
- Lydia gets angry and tells Gamble not to get angry with her
- Chaos ensues and Alex tells all 7 women to STFU…well kinda…LOL
- Gamble tells Petti she just called her stupid again
- Gamble says why should she be supportive of Petti when she doesn’t agree with the title, or the content
- Alex says he needs to switch 7 bitches off right now.
Petti Takes on Gina and Walks Out
Montage of Petti and Gina throughout the season…but she didn’t feel drawn to a friendship. Or a connection or a chemistry that would want her to move forward in a friendship
- Gina says upon meeting Petti she didn’t dislike her at all
- Gina didn’t feel they were having great communication
- Someone on Twitter asked why when Petti was so eager to meet Gina…why didn’t a friendship happen?
- Petti says she didn’t have any control over that
- It was how Gina came across
- There was the underlying snickering (which NEVER happened at their first meeting so anything said forward can’t be true…
- She said when she first met Gina that Gina was like a dog trying to hump her leg
- Gina’s comment to that remark is What planet am I on?
- Gina asks Petti if she has ever been described like that?
- Gina says she has never behaved like that
- Lydia butts in saying Gina is condescending at times, but goes on to say it is Gina’s sense of humor and she did explain that to Petti early on
- Chyka pops in with everyone has owned up to things they have done, but tells Gina she never has (well THAT isn’t true if she sat down with Jackie and resolved their issues…and we have seen her try and make up with Petti and Janet
- Gina asks what she hasn’t owned up to?
- Gina says it is unrequited love with Petti, she came to the situation with expectations and Gina didn’t reciprocate what Petti wanted in a friendship
- Alex thinks that is a bit arrogant and Gina feels it is the truth…and if we remember from the beginning of the season…that is what Petti said she wanted.
- Petti complains she isn’t being given a chance to get to know her…
- Says she only talks to Gamble…not true…she talks to the other ladies too…(but if it were true it would be because Gamble doesn’t attack her all the time, wouldn’t it?)
- Alex asks about the publicity tour, and Petti says yes it happened there too, and Gamble and Gina start laughing, and it seems all the girls are laughing at this
- Petti says she got dragged into a fight…all the ladies are laughing, and Gina is about to fall off the couch laughing and probably wiping REAL TEARS of laughter…Petti asks what is funny…
- Something about Petti’s commando and landing strip…and she owns it but doesn’t want to talk about it…LOL…she certainly did the first episode and wanting to but mirrors on the floor of the Bentley…
- Gina said Pettifleur you are so divine really and getting this so wrong actually…you are cute, and I am so glad Jackie witnessed it…
- Jackie speaks up and says it wasn’t Gina and Jackie arguing it was Petti and Gina…
- Janet agrees
- Gina said we were having a nice conversation …
- Jackie says to Petti that is was when she brought up that Gina wasn’t a Barrister…if you remember that conversation
- Petti says she only talked about it when she got dragged into it
- Jackie disagrees and said Petti was drunk
- Petti says she doesn’t drink then says not more than 2 drinks is a max and she wasn’t drunk
- Janet says DRUNK AS A SKUNK
- Petti jumps up and starts pointing that finger again and then says she is getting the He11 out of Dodge because she is not taking lies
- Petti screams that they are all lying
- Gamble says that’s not the way it went honey…(Guys this is a must see part, my words will be inadequate in this instance
- I guess in the segment everyone remembers Petti being drunk, except Petti who says she doesn’t drink yet says out of the other side of her mouth that she never has more that 2! Hmmm…MORE THAN ZERO is drinking!
- Here is how the rest of them remember it…
NEXT WEEK – Part 2 of the REUNION MAYHEM
- Will Petti come back?
- Can you believe MANuela is there and they seat her next to Gamble?
- Janet slides off the couch to make a point (of showing more nostril)
Ciao for Now!
RHOMel Episode 8 Tidbits
Chyka blog on Part 1