Million Dollar Listing New York

Million Dollar Listing New York by NotInStCyr

Are you still feeling a romantic glow from last week’s episode?  I’ve been hugging my cat a lot more, much to her annoyance.  I’ll probably never have a boyfriend who will close down Times Square for me.  Heck, I count myself lucky if a guy even holds the door open.

Fredrik and the paint-dappled perfection that is Derek are still in Sweden.  Fredrik is combining business with pleasure:  he wants to sell the last ski chalet in a luxury home development would like to convince his best friend, Anna, to reconsider her decision not to donate her eggs for Project Milla.

1 - mslny2 - mdlny

Luis is walking to an appointment on the Upper East Side, giving the Maserati some much needed rest.  Keeping a car in New York costs a small fortune.  When my sister lived there, the monthly cost of parking her SUV in a garage was more than I paid in rent.  Anyway, Luis is trying to get the listing for a penthouse owned by a South African developer named Garin.  The triplex is vast and has an additional 1,500 sq. ft. of outdoor space with 270 degree views.  On the downside, the shower in the master bathroom is covered entirely in gold tile.  That means that for the rest of the episode, we have to endure a lot of smutty innuendos about “golden showers”.  You should also know that the apartment was once owned by Star Jones, but I’m not sure that’s considered a selling point.  Garin is adamant that he wants everything handled directly by Luis and not one of his assistants.  Luis assures him that he will dedicate himself to selling the penthouse and not delegate the matter to any other broker.  Since he doesn’t have any team members other than his assistant, Ronita, it’s sort of a true statement.  The property is priced at $2.995 million.

3 - ryan 4  - ryan and team

Ryan goes to 22 Renwick in West Soho, a newly rezoned part of Manhattan that has become a hotbed of redevelopment.  He joins forces with Olivia, his former assistant, who is now a full-fledged broker on his team.  They meet with a developer who has two penthouses to sell.  The first apartment is a 2,702 sq. ft. triplex with several balconies, a rooftop deck and a lot of Carrera marble.  The second penthouse has 2,000 sq. ft. of space spread out over one floor, plus two outdoor terraces.  Ryan wants Olivia to handle the triplex, while he concentrates on the smaller apartment.  After some dickering back and forth, they convince the developer to list the triplex for $6.35 million  and the smaller penthouse for $4 million.  If successful, Ryan and Olivia will each walk away with a $155,250 commission.  A bet is made:  if Olivia sells the triplex before Ryan sells the other penthouse, he’ll have to wear a bunny suit (“because it’s funny”) and be her assistant for the day.  If she loses, Olivia has to jump into the Hudson River after making sure her shots are up to date.

Luis is prepping Garin’s apartment for private showings.  First, he brings in a photographer to reshoot the triplex, because he feels that the previous broker didn’t emphasize the beautiful views and layout.

Fredrik goes dog sledding with Helen, the person he’s identified as most likely to buy the remaining villa in the ski resort.  They stop at a beautiful spot in front of the local frozen lake.  Åre Lake, if you must know.  Fredrik wants Helen to take in the “winter wonderland” panorama that could be hers if she and her husband cough up several million Kroner.  Demonstrating that there is nothing he won’t do in pursuit of a deal, Fredrik tussles playfully with Helen in the snow until she agrees to pay the full asking price.  Sales tactics sure are different in Sweden.  In any event, they work.  Helen will buy the ski chalet, and Fredrik will leave Sweden with a $41,280 commission.  Would the Greco-Roman wrestling tactics work in Manhattan?

Luis is showing Garin’s apartment and is particularly gratified when one of New York’s better known brokers strolls in and seems interested in the triplex for one of his clients.   Everything falls in place and within a short amount of time, Luis has an offer of $2.75 million.  Garin makes a counter offer of $2.9 million, which is accepted.  Luis credits the “Luis Ortiz touch” for getting the property sold so quickly.

5 - apt

Ryan walks into the penthouse he’s selling and is shocked to find all the beautiful furniture used to stage it gone.  He tries to figure out what happened and eventually contacts Olivia, who admits to brazenly moving all the furniture into her penthouse.  Ryan realizes that he shouldn’t have been so nice to his protégé and ruefully acknowledges that “I taught her too well”.  Still, he hopes she knows how to swim.

6  - fred

7 - woman

Fredrik, Derek and Anna finally get together to talk.  We learn that Fredrik has been friends with Anna since he was 11.  She admits that she’s given more thought to the  situation.  However, she has a new boyfriend, and it’s just not something she can do right now.  Fredrik is disappointed and a little tearful, while Derek seems to take Anna’s decision in stride.  Ultimately, they all want to remain friends for life and grow old together.

Luis is concerned because it’s been 3 days and Mr. Famous Broker has not returned the signed contract for the penthouse.  Luis and Ronita try to hunt him down, but there is no sign of him anywhere.

We get a little interlude in which Luis calls Ronita from his apartment, because he doesn’t have a spoon.  Really.  He doesn’t know why he’s currently spoonless, just that he is.  Since she appears to be on cutlery duty, Luis orders Ronita to buy him a spoon or two.  He then stirs the coffee with his finger.  My, that is action-packed entertainment, Bravo.  Next week, do we get thrilling footage of Ronita dealing with a paper jam?

Fredrik is back in New York.  He’s visiting the 7,000 sq. ft. West Village townhome developed by Tom and Jared, who had initially balked at paying for the high-end finishes needed to justify the $22 million asking price.  Now that the property has been completed, the developers want Fredrik to sell it right away—and I mean, right away.  As soon as their meeting ends, one of the developers starts bombarding Fredrik with text messages asking whether he’s already sold it.  Fredrik gets increasingly exasperated and finally tells the other developer that they need to back off and let him do his thing.

8 - garin

It’s been 7 days and Luis has still not heard from Mr. Famous Broker, who is obviously dodging phone calls.  Luis breaks the news to Garin, who is displeased and ready to take the apartment off the market.  Luis fears that this deal will put a dent in his reputation.

Since Olivia hijacked the furniture from Ryan’s penthouse to stage her triplex, Ryan feels justified in stealing some of her clients and bringing them to the apartment he’s selling.  Admirably glib, he explains the lack of staging by saying that it was deliberate, because he wants to showcase how big it was.  Well played, Ryan. Well played.  Emilia drops by, and Ryan decides to show her the penthouse.  He tells us that the apartment “spoke to him” from the start and that he’d like for them to move from his bachelor pad to a space where he and Emilia can start their new life together.  Ryan informs her that he wants to buy the penthouse.  He can even start doing yoga on the terrace, because that’s what men his age do.  He’s also picturing 6 little Puffer Munkins running around, looking Greek and speaking English, which he says will confuse the neighbors.  This touching moment gives Ryan the win for the episode.  Next week, Fredrik and Luis will need to bring on pandas, puppies and baby seals to compete with the Serhant feel-good juggernaut.

9 - ryan

This entry was posted in Million Dollar Listing. Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to Million Dollar Listing New York

Hello everyone!! 😄👋👋👋👋

2. YAY! New blog! Thank you!

3. Interesting- so THIS could explain why Kathy Hilton joining RHOBH is being rammed down our throats, because RT is reporting that Kim will live with Kathy after rehab…

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

That might explain why Kathy would join. Also, why the hell is it a big deal to these tabloids that she’s receiving help with mental health? I think if you’re experiencing some sort of addiction then it would be a good idea to receive additional support for the reasons as to WHY you’re on the drugs/booze in the first place.
      Sorry to take it out on you, OMIB.

• Lol- how do you REALLY feel, Foxymel?

IMHO, it’s a big deal because it’s being fed to them as a big deal so Kim can craft a comeback.

She can’t be any old garden variety glue huffing, pot smoking, patch wearing alcoholic can she?

Nooooo, it’s all because she’s mentally ill and she’s tragically self medicating. Because what else is a girl to do?

Not like there are any psychiatrists in Beverly Hills or anything. Sheesh.

• Foxymel(Mel) says:

Hehe I was making a general statement about mental health counseling. Of course Kim will make it out to appear that it’s something more–and if she does, then that means she needs to be off the show permanently.

Right Foxymel. It only makes sense that she or anyone w/the issues Kim has would receive some type of mental health assistance.

• lila1star says:

JMO but ROL is desperate to keep the KR story going and I think their “source” is Kim herself–especially the nonsense of Kyle being cut from the show. Kim is in rehab for one reason and one reason only–the money was going to be cut off.

Medically speaking–I know it is easier to take if one can find the answer to an addicts addiction in a mental illness but while no doubt she has mental issues they are most often a result of the addiction and not the cause. If its true her rehab is more focused on mental issues then Kim is happy as a clam. Drawing on my memory of my time rotating through psych it takes months of sobriety to even be able to DX property. Back in the bad old days before addiction was understood as it is now–everyone had to be labeled with some type of mental health condition. All that ever accomplished was a bunch of meds to be washed down with a 7&7.

It is now understood that Bi-Polar is caused in many cases (not all) by addiction. This is not to say there are not exceptions–there are–just not Kim.
        I am sure the Hiltons fortress is large enough to hide KR away and go days without seeing her if they choose.
        IMO–Kim is running this show and has everyone bamboozled with the exception of possibly Kyle.

• I also had the thought that if Kyle truly does have this amazing comedy type show being made about her- and she doesn’t come back to Bravo because if this commitment, Kim would be very jealous, and begin to craft the rumor that she was fired.

If true why shouldn’t Kathy open her doors to Kim? She’s the big sis and it seems Kyle took on Kim as her responsibility. The Hiltons have many more resources than Kyle and Mo. Besides Kim always says Kathy has her back.

• It raises a lot iof questions tho…

– for months we’ve been hearing that Monty, Kingsley and Chad were all at Kim’s. Then we hear that Kim has put all of her belongings in storage before the wedding in Cabo because she’s moving out of the rental.

– then we see Monty on Insta talking about Kingsley being in a loving home, and it looks like he’s staying at Kathy’s. Or is he with his new wife?

– then we hear that Kyle and Mauricio cut her off

– then we hear that Kathy and Rick cut her off

– now Kathy is taking her in without ever mentioning cutting her off from 24 hours before.

– then Kyle tells TMZ not to trust anything from ROL

Meanwhile I thought Chad’s probation was that he was living at home, is he now homeless or is he taking shelter at Kathy’s?

Someone, somewhere, somehow is feeding mis/information to these tabloids. Kim seems like she’s to out of it to be manipulating the press.

Lots if red herrings. Enough to make a salad. Or was that a salmon salad?😜

Well, again Monty has twatted and Insta-crapped countless pictures of his stay at Chez-Hilton he moved in their palatial digs about 8 or 9 months ago, so it wouldn’t be so far-fetched to think that DrugAddict/AlcoholicKim would also move in, they do have a large guest house on their estate.

• I thought so too until I went over to his Instagram account. There are a few posts of the Hilton dining room and tree at Christmas where he was at a party, and then the one by their pool he posted the day Kim was on Dr. Phil.

And then there was the insinuation that he was staying with Kathy during Brooke’s wedding as an explanation for why the Hilton’s didn’t attend.

It’s very vague if he’s living there or not. Where’s his wife?

• Unless he’s secretly married recently, Monty posted on his Twitter account a few months ago he’s not married. He has a second ex-wife who lives in the LA area, plus two more daughters from that marriage. They are close to Monty, it appears from their instagram messages and his pictures of them with him..

From what I’ve read, he’s living with the Hiltons. They were friends before he met Kim, or that’s what their online bio’s say..

4. Another ROL “exclusive” that Kyle is losing her job, who is behind this I wonder…

Diana and JNNTJ I’m following you on Periscope. 🙂

I have no idea how to use it yet…I watched a bunch of stuff but I haven’t posted anything!

I see there is a camera icon. I clicked on it and you type the name of your event. Then I guess you start your event, start talking.
        I just love it. I watched a couple of beauty bloggers I follow earlier. Watched Ashley Banfield of CNN out w/her husband having long. She came back on at her son’s ice hockey game but it never connected.

Ok I just watched a bunch of stuff-I’m getting the hang of it!! Who are the beauty blogger and what do they show? I will check your following list!! This is fun!

• chismosa / aka Bethenny's #1 Fan says:

What is the difference between this and vine and FaceTime and Vimeo and YouTube ?

Do you see eachother’s faces ?????
            😱😳

If you catch it live you can comment and they see it in real time-it’s pretty cool

• chismosa / aka Bethenny's #1 Fan says:

Wait —- so like MY FACE and name shows up ???? Like – say to Andy’s “channel” or show on peri – show ?
                Eeeeeeeeeek 😁

Oh snap, on the UnReal they just described Omarosa and Nene Leakes as loud, opinionated and obnoxious rofl. On Demand has this show. What a hoot.

• chismosa / aka Bethenny's #1 Fan says:

The lifetime show? I’m going to watch it ! I’m deep into Aquarius and old true detective and wayward pines.

I like those two actresses. I hope it lays into people like Andy big time- maybe they’ll have someone playing a version of him. 😏

7. GREAT blog NotInStCyr…I think this is a really sweet episode with Ryan and Emilia…we only have to think back to when she walked out on him because he was constantly texting and talking to clients and wouldn’t give her any time…to now when he realizes what he almost lost and is doing all the right things to move their relationship forward…
    Poor Luis…is someone playing him? I half expected by the end of the episode to hear the Super Buyer had a heart attack and died or something in the middle of the deal…and as for the spoons…not sure what the point of that storyline was, but looking forward to the paper jam 😉
    As for Fredrik…well…they need to quit asking friends for eggs…brings new meaning to asking a neighbor for an egg or two and a cup of sugar, doesn’t it? What they don’t get is that women NOT in the surrogate business would have an attachment to the child once born. They have anonymous egg donors like they do anonymous sperm donors…that is the route they need to go, IMO. Thanks for the great blog!

I don’t know why I get the feeling that with all the sympathy Kyle got over the Kim stuff, she’s gonna come back to RHOBH on a high horse. It’s just a hunch, she’ll stab Lisa…just a hunch.
    #onceabackyabberalwaysabackstabber

As another season of RHOBH is gearing up for filming, pictures Yolanda and needles are less frequent. It’s a pattern that I have monitored for three years now.

• chismosa / aka Bethenny's #1 Fan says:

More pictures of Yo with needles and meds now ??? Or less????

And did you see what I think of Shiva ? I follow her on insta – she’s so freakin gorgeous.
      But a/ why aren’t they married or at least a date set yet? 😾
      B/ I think Yo doesn’t like her as much as we think. I bet shiva is close to Lisa 😂😂😂😂😂

I think Mohamed is the one holding back the wedding

I think Yofo doesn’t like her either.

Hey peeps. I just got off of Periscope w/Heather and Terry Dubrow. They’re headed to the party for OC they said. Was on w/Andy and Wacha on his rooftop. Not sure if Andy’s was earlier today because you can watch a replay of their lives event if they don’t take it down. Was also on with Paul Nasif. It’s his birthday and he was on a boat celebrating w/friends and then they were off to Santa Barbara to look at Porsche’s for one of his friends. Ahhhhh to be wealthy. 😊

11. Orson says:

Just a brief procedural note here. Please don’t refer to any of the Richards sisters as KR. Because that could mean you’re talking about Kathy, Kim, OR Kyle.

12. California35 says:

“I am a Real Housewife of Los Angeles. Not Beverly Hills. 😊” Kathy Hilton

14. chismosa / aka Bethenny's #1 Fan says:

What’s a puffer munkin?
    I am two weeks behind on MDLNY …….

I’m still crying over 🏇🏽🏇🏽🏇🏽🏇🏽🏇🏽…..

Happy weekend all 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

• hawkmoon947 says:

It’s some sort of pet name Ryan has for his fiancée. Thought it could be Greek, but Google Translate can’t make sense of it. When he proposed, I Love You Puffer Munkn was on one of the Times Square light billboards. Must be an inside joke.

• chismosa / aka Bethenny's #1 Fan says:

Thank you — that’s not Greek so it must be some inside joke. Cute.

Thanks again 👋