RHOMelbourne – Season 2 – POSTMORTEM by Reality Bytes
Well ladies…it has been a season, hasn’t it?
There were ups and downs and tears and laughs…there were fights and rumors and bird flipping poor behavior…book launches… tea launches… shoe launches…booze launches…charity events…poker events…horse races…dog races…and golf outings… trips to Sydney and Manila…lavish parties and booths and events, and at the end of the day…all the ladies are still intact, no scratches or bruises (at least visible ones) and they can still slide off the couch at the reunion or hug it out when it is all said and done…their choice!
- If Chyka and Jackie (totally different people with different backgrounds and different social circles, etc.) can have a good friendship…why is it that Chyka is so suspect of Gina and Gamble having a true good friendship?
- Why is it that Pettipants admitted, upon meeting Gina, that she wants to be friends because she feels Gina is an accomplished woman (like she is cough…cough), and then tell the tale at the Reunion that Gina was like a dog humping her leg the first time she met her?
- Two seasons now, 2 property developers and we haven’t seen 1 property developed, why is that Janet and Petti?
- Who acted more petulant at the Reunion, Petti storming off in a snit, or Lydia refusing to move to the end of the couch (FOR 3 MINUTES so MANuela could fight with Gamble)?
- Jacks is all about ‘being real’, and that is not a bad thing…but who, besides me wants to send her to ‘finishing school’ so she can be a bit more couth about it?
- If these ladies are the socialites of Melbourne, why haven’t they learned the simple lesson of discussing things in private with each other? The only ones we really heard about doing that were arch enemies Jacks and Gina, and even then they made it a point at the reunion to bring up the fight again. It was a real WOW anyhow because Jacks felt physically threatened by Gina’s partner? Really? You are going with that storyline? Was that truth or fiction? And if truth, in what alternate universe does Jacks live?
- Gamble, I think, surprised everyone at part 1 of the reunion with being much more articulate than other times during the season, but she was being attacked the entire season like Gina was in season 1…so maybe that has something to do with it, right? I hope that was it, I like Gamble and she doesn’t attack without provocation…let’s see what season 3 brings for her besides wedding bells!
- Why don’t each of the housewives have to blog after every episode like the U.S. HW’s do? And even when they do blog, they have them all over the place, not on a single source.
- Why doesn’t Bravo air the U.S. shows in real-time with Australian airings? Life and blogging would be so much simpler that way!
- Who is with me? I would rather hear Jackie misuse “couture” incessantly or poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick than hear the word BITCH one more time!
HOW DO YOU HANDLE CONFRONTATION?
Maybe for me it is my age or my aspiration to be like “Maxine” or both…LOL, but if someone starts dishing on me when we are in a conversation, and I choose not to continue, I simply say “this is not a conversation” (that’s the nice cleaned-up version of what I say…LOL), and either they or I walk away.
I didn’t know the power of those two words ‘walk away’ until I watched The Royals this season, and when the Queen spoke to someone and she was through with the conversation…she simply looked at them and dismissively said WALK AWAY! I like that much better, so here are a few thoughts…
When you’re happy, you enjoy the music but when you’re sad, you understand the lyrics. In reflection you were sorry, but in real-time you acted like J’Andrea this season, and you took mean to a new level, WALK AWAY.
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.
An English comprehension class might behoove you. Also, racism isn’t a joke or something that should be brought up to have a storyline, WALK AWAY.
If you tell me the truth, I’m gonna be mad but I will get over it. If you lie to me I’m never going to be able to trust you again 100%. Excuses are useless and results are priceless. Your choice! WALK AWAY
Dear Karma, I have a list of people you missed, and this one thinks she owns Melbourne. WALK AWAY
Knowing what to say is one thing, but it’s knowing when to say it that really makes the difference…I think you actually sorted that out a little bit this year, I like you a lot, but I am affectionately giving you the nickname of Switzerland!
I buy you books, show you how to study, and you eat the covers…A bit of an iffy season on the brashness and fighting, but you actually redeemed yourself a little by siding with the drunken truth at the reunion even if it meant siding with Gina…so I am still giving you a shot at full redemption (Who’d a thunk it?)
Life is all about making choices that you can live with. Love is all about making choices you can’t live without. Sorry you were picked on so much, I like you tons and tons…Give Cash a smoochie from me…The best to you and Rick, he is your true North!
There are two things you should never waste your time on ~ things that don’t matter and people that think you don’t matter. I am so happy the viewers got to see more of the “woman within” this season…they have only to read your book to know even more, and if they don’t, it is their loss. Looking forward to all you have in the works…smoochies to Ninja…and heartfelt thanks again for sending me an autographed copy of your book ~ I will forever be grateful for that treasure!
- Lydia’s husband Andrew Norbury – She explained that Andrew had been suffering from endocarditis, a potentially life-threatening infection of the heart. ‘He was ill while I was filming season two. He had the operation right at the end, when we were doing promotion stuff. It was very serious.’ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2955136/Real-Housewives-Melbourne-star-Lydia-Schiavello-reveals-husband-Andrew-Norbury-died-filming-season-two.html
- Whew! We can all breathe a sigh of relief! Gina Liano, star of Real Housewives of Melbourne has confirmed she is returning to the show for season three. What also has been confirmed is that there will some casting changes and two of the current housewives will be either off the show completely or in a “friend” of the housewives role.
Read more: http://realitybox.co.uk/gina-liano-confirms-return-to-real-housewives-of-melbourne-but-who-is-not-returning-expect-cast-shake-up/#ixzz3cKU89SPK
- Gina is also writing a second book called “The Fearless Guide to Life” which will be out in the near future. The reality star is also releasing a unisex perfume and a face cream line. Read more: http://realitybox.co.uk/gina-liano-confirms-return-to-real-housewives-of-melbourne-but-who-is-not-returning-expect-cast-shake-up/#ixzz3cKU89SPK
Chyka’s Blog –
Cast shakeup for Season 3?
MANuela in and 2 demoted to friends? (Already sharpening my pencils for this if it is true!)
How will we ever stand it all summer without these ladies while we wait for Season 3 that begins filming in July 2015?
Ciao…until Season 3!