Snacking and Snarking!

Dear LynnFam Family –

I know we were all stunned at Veena’s recent announcement concerning this blog. She really stepped in at such a pivotal time for all of us that allowed the continuation of the community that Lynn originally created. Veena quietly made herself available daily to post and/or write items for our entertainment and amusement. In her absence, Tartsy stepped in and did an amazing job of keeping everything afloat while Veena was on her world tour…

Veena also offered newbie bloggers like me a platform to spread our wings. She did this all without fanfare or falderal… Her early mornings have been dedicated to this blog for almost 3 years now… It might be nice for her to be able to finally sleep in for a change, no? Or perhaps watch cartoons? Go for a run? Breathe? Words seem woefully inadequate to express how much all of her hard work has meant to us…

Thank You, Veena!

I have been talking for well over a year, now, about starting a personal website of my own. I wanted to create a place where I could blog about more than just Bravo shows. Slowly, I started to build a website from a blank template. I walked away from it for several months when technology and my health bit me in the dupa. A short while ago, I renewed my efforts… Little did I know how important the timing of it all would be…

I had always envisioned my website working alongside this site – And I even talked with Veena about sharing posts from mine that I thought this community might also enjoy. I really believe there is plenty of room for everyone’s sandboxes. My new site happens to be very eclectic – Just like me… Are you surprised? And it will be constantly growing and developing…There are so many things I want to add even now and categories I want to fill in more fully – But the launch date is here… Woo hooOOOooo!

There may be some kinks in the beginning… But hang in there – That’s what makes life fun, no? It may feel and operate somewhat differently than what you’re used to… but I hope everyone will find something they enjoy. I hope that it feels homey and inviting. I worked very hard to try to make it accessible and visually appealing for cell phone and tablet users. Hopefully, you’ll find maneuvering around the site to be fairly easy and clear. I welcome your feedback.

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who helped proof and test the website over the last couple of weeks. This just would NOT have happened without you in the timeframe we had… I am so grateful to you for your help and support!

And now, for those of you who are inclined to do so… Please pack your suitcases and join me (If you promise not to fight over who gets the room with a fireplace and a tub)… Without further ado…

It is with great pleasure that I announce the official launch of my new website:  http://snackingandsnarking.com

Snacking and Snarking

Be there – Or be square… Or triangular… or rectangular… or… or… or…

I really DO hope to see you there… But if not… I totally understand… This has been a very special place for all of us and is completely irreplaceable. Please know how much I’ve enjoyed all of you. You have been so great to me and I appreciate you so much. I will leave you all with…

Happy Trails to You… Until We Meet Again!

___________________________________________

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Snacking and Snarking!

Best of luck to Starzy on her new blog venture. I’m heading over to say HI right now.

Don’t worry – I’ll renew the url for this blog for one more year, and after that it’ll revert back to the wordpress version lynnfam.wordpress.com. It won’t disappear from cyberspace. And who knows – maybe I’ll even post once in a while.

Love you all – Veena

• California35 says:

Thank you Veena! Its been great and your work is highly appreciated.

• Shiny says:

Thank you again, Veena. You’ve done a great job and provided a real service for all of us needing this blog for entertainment, info, and sanity. After Lynn died, we all needed the togetherness even more.

Enjoy being a blog reader and poster now, instead of writer and driver.

I hereby dub you “Bravo Blogger Emeritus and Extraordinaire” with all the rights and privileges associated with said title. Tiara, not included.

• zoekayla says:

Veena, you’ve been a real gift yo this community. Lynn would be proud to see how well you handled her legacy.
      I like Stars99’s new spot. Mobile device friendly:)
      Glad to see you on FB in a couple of groups💜

2. Veena- thank you for everything you’ve done, and honoring Lynn’s memory.

3. Veena –
    Many, many thanks for creating this place and for all the hard work you have put into it for a long time! It provided solace to many while we were trying to come to grips with the loss of Lynn, and has continued to be a safe place to come and be part of a humorous, caring community.

While my interest in spending time watching all things Bravo has diminished to almost zero over time, this place has consistently been where I’d like to spend a little time each day – so many thanks also go to all the re-cap writers and chat-contributors!
    Hugs all around!

Thank you, Veena.

5. Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

Thanks so much Veena. You were a port in a storm.

6. vilzvet says:

Yay so excited to be here! And many thanks to Veena and Tartsy too for all their efforts.

7. Thank you Veena and Tartsy for keeping this place going. I am very sad.. 😦 But I am also very excited for Stars!!! 🙂 I don’t like change but I am putting on my big girl panties, unlike Diva who goes Commando and hope to see all of you either at Stars or on FB…. Hugs and Kisses to everyone, I won’t say Goodbye but “….until we meet again..”

8. MamaJaye says:

I suppose it’s time to finally come out of the shadows. I’ve been visiting this sight every day since IHJZ days but have never commented. I remember the moment I learned of Lynn’s death and the profound sadness I felt towards someone I’ve never met. That’s what this community does. It affects us. There is a bond that is unexplainable. I have thoroughly enjoyed the talented writers and the “regulars” who consistently comment. I want to thank you Veena, for all your hard work in keeping this going for so long. I don’t think you’ll ever realize how many of us have been so positively affected by your efforts and all the community players here. I am so sad to see this end but totally understand the need for you to close this chapter. I will be moving on to Starzy’s new blog adventure and hoping to see all the people I’ve grown attached to with their witty, intelligent and sometimes snarky comments. And Starzy, thank you for creating this new place to go to. It looks great! Love to all of you.

• New England Girl says:

MamaJaye, You echo my experience here – and I’ll see you over there! Veena, thank you, thank you, thank you…you stepped in when life here imploded with Lynn’s death. Many hugs and blessings!

9. sparklemuffy says:

Thank you Veena. Champagne Hugs and Cavier dreams to you! salute 🙂

10. Trashy T says:

Thank you Veena for all you have done!

11. mrs peabody says:

Thank you Veena for all your hard work for the last 3 years, I think it was wonderful how you kept us all together. I have really enjoyed coming to this site every morning and then during the day and again in the evening. I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s comments on a show and then watching it after I was done reading. Again thank you so much for your hard work. Now to the new site.

12. RabbleRouser says:

Thank You Veena. I hope to see you all at the new blog.

Thank you Veena for giving us this gift for the last three years! I just can’t quit ya! Came back this morning by habit 😉

14. chismosssa says:

VEENA thank you for everything. Happy vacations to you.

I, like my bestie JILL and IceT’s bestie Princess P- DESPISE change…. But I’ll push on through to the other side !

Thanks VEENA. ❤

15. Veena – really appreciate all you have done with this board, it has been a nice refuge for so many of us. Best of luck and see you at Starzy’s site!

16. SoutheastVA says:

Veena – Thank you for keeping this site going. You, Tartsy and the lot have been a Godsend. Your efforts to keep this space going is appreciated more that you know. I already have Stars’ site saved in my favorites. It will be my new place to check-in with all of you.

17. California35 says:

Good morning, I am writing here after many attempts at Star99’s place 😔
    It had been working for me all weekend, I am not getting any kind of message, my comments just do not post.

Hi everyone! Im glad there is still this place to let you know I may be a bit lost 😩😩

18. Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

California I mentioned your problem over at the new place. I also lost 1 post but the next one worked.

*hugs Veena really hard* – thank you my friend – your quiet grace after the pawsing of Lynn was something that kept us all steady – we were lost and you threw open this door and gave us shelter against a great loss and for that you will always have my thanks – it was what happened after that though, that won my heart – we became a family – and you Veena, you are our heart, our light – thank for that – I will be heading over to Stars to be with my cyber family, but I plan on stopping back here often – this is where we came together – with tears, with love and with laughter –

I wish you nothing but happy days, filled with love, with laughter, with courage and to be always in the company of loved ones – *hugs Veena really hard*

Thank you Veena! ❤

just checking in – old habits die hard –

Thank you everyone – next to last MDLNY http://wp.me/p2FHcY-4×3

23. NJBev says:

Thank you, Veena, for keeping the site going for as long as you did. You were(are) an angel,
    and you really stepped up to the plate when many of us really needed someone to-
    Thank you for everything. ❤️💋…….. happy trails to you. You are a sweetheart, as we have
    all come to realize! Stay Rockin’ Babe!! And I want that picture when you meet the “the very real”
    Santa Claus on one of your next adventures!!!
    we ❤️ you. For real.