Wall Street Lady has Passed Away

Wall Street Lady (WSL) was a regular poster on the LynnNChicago and LynnFam blogs, and a very good friend to Lynn Hudson.  She passed away last night in Florida. You can read more about it here.

e_lee_henn

Lee and I didn’t always see eye to eye.  I received many confusing and often accusatory emails from her over the years I hosted the LynnFam blog, and ultimately ended up blocking her from both my personal email and the blog.

But at the end of the day I hope she has found some sort of peace.

Veena

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Wall Street Lady has Passed Away

1. Laineylainey says:

Hi Veena. I didn’t know all thT was going on. May she rest in peace. The article didn’t mention family.

Hi Veena, thanks for the post. Hope all is well for you and yours.

3. vilzvet says:

Omg!!

I don’t think she had children.

There was a point a few months into the Lynnfam blog that she was so accusatory I told her I’d hand the entire thing over to her. But she didn’t want that – she wanted me to run it like a business and give her the profits – which I assume she’d have given to the family. Anyway – I tried to explain I had a full time job and had no wish, intention, or aptitude to turn the blog into a business – and she was welcome to take it over. Crickets.

• karrylyn says:

Veena singing “I did it Myyyyyyy Wayyyyyy” like Frank the boss Sinatra! And you did a great job, Veena. Wow, what an undertaking, thank god you did it. thanks, you are a strong woman and probably helped more than a couple of us deal, by taking over so well when you did. a real act of love.

• tuzentswurth says:

Well written Veena, I had no idea she was still in the picture and I understand perfectly why you would need to block her. I saw long ago that she was troubled and disturbed in many ways.

• Laineylainey says:

Whoah! Behind the scenes drama: that sure takes the fun out of life! I feel all warm and fuzzy seeing you, Veena and all my other sweet friends on this site. Ironic how death can bring people together. I hope all is well w alla youse.

• Adgirl says:

I felt forced to leave Lyn’s blog because of some kooky emails I received from Lynn and a few posters. Very unsettling to get rude emails from people you’ve never met or spoken to on the phone. Oddly, three of the people have passed away at early ages. I hope they RIP.

Hopefully she’s at peace.

It’s so good to hear from you Veena. Hope you and Ken are enjoying life and going on adventures!

6. Kansas Girl says:

You’re back! Good to see familiar faces. I saw on Facebook that WSL passed away. So sad. She was a character, for sure. And I know she pushed people hard at times. But I also remember her fondly. How she opened her home to Lynn during the NYC visit and showed her around. Her stories about her encounters with JZ. How the JZ hounds took after her (possibly not realizing she had the wherewithal to protect herself). The games and hints about her identity (not wise, but quite amusing). Her pride in her accomplishments. Her love of her husband. (I remember they married on Halloween because the church was free, and I’m feeling sad for him tomorrow). Once the housekeeper pruned her roses and she and I discussed how to keep them alive through winter. She at one point was trying to organize a reunion of us all so we could meet. It seemed to me she had a very good heart, despite the quirks. I always hoped to meet her and get to know the real WSL, not the facade. So I’m sad to hear of her passing.

7. cocfarm says:

I read this story in the early am but did not realize it was wall street lady. How sad. But my guess would be, some of her negative email to you was caused by drinking.

Sad story but nice to hear from lynnfam again.

Beth

Sent from my iPhone

8. NJBev says:

Although it was so nice to see the “lynnfam” post,
    I’m sorry it had to be about this- so sad about WSL-
    Even though I myself had a run in with her it makes
    Me sad that someone who had such a high level of
    self-esteem died in such a demeaning condition.
    I always thought it was fairly obvious she had some
    Issues with alcohol as some of posts tended to be all
    Over the place. No matter, it’s still sad, 63 is too young
    To pass. God bless her soul.
    Hopefully she is watching reruns of the
    “real housewives of New York” with Lynn –
    Thank you for the update and post , Veena

• Hi Bev!! My kids were just asking me about you a couple of weeks ago, you made quite the impression, lol! If you ever decide to come to facebook, look me up!! Love you and miss you!!!

• NJBev says:

I think of you often…..miss you-
        … as “Sus” says below,
        reality TV just isn’t the same without the
        Blog and all of you-
        Seeing all the familiar names makes
        Me miss all of you all the more……

9. zoekayla says:

I was surprised to read abt WSL. I share many of the memories posted here.
    I think she was unhappy with her career – even as she expressed great pride in her accomplishments overcoming gender bias on Wall Street.
    She and WSM seemed like a good match. Too bad her marriage ended up as it did.
    She made me uneasy with her wide swings in mood on the blog, but I usually read her threads.
    I am happy to see we are still able to gather here when we want/need to. Veena, thanks for this post💜
    I, for one, an deeply appreciative of the efforts you expended to keep us all connected.
    Love to each of you💕💞💖💗

Thank you Veena. WSL did get crazy at the end of Lynn’s blog. She sent Q horrible stuff and really upset Q. Stalked JZ at her appearances in NYC. I think she was starting to drink heavily at that time. I know at the beginning of the blog Lynn and WSL were close. WSL let Lynn stay at her condo in NYC when Lynn visited. Very sad.

11. Mr. Benji's Butler says:

Very gracious good byes! RIP

12. Sus says:

Awww this is sad.

I miss you all very much. Reality TV isn’t the same for me without the blog.

13. SoutheastVA says:

I’m sorry to hear this. She was interesting.

14. My favorite memory of WSL …the pictures of her at the airport in her big hat in the background of Jill Z’s pictures or vice versa…..

Rest In Peace, WSL. Very sad circumstances.

Thanks for posting.

One blog I remember was when WSL posted about going to Alex and Simon’s house for one of the chum’s b-day parties. She tried to get them to talk about RH but Alex asked her to not bring it up because the rest of the people were their real friends and they never talked about the show. They didn’t expect her to blog about the party – – – of course when Jill Zarin found out that they had invited someone from THAT blog to their home she was livid – and probably never trusted them again. That was the stuff that made Lynn’s blog so fascinating.

17. IceNfire says:

Thanks for blog Veena. I didn’t know Lynn had blocked WSL from blog. I thought she just got mad and left. Will you be blogging regularly again?

18. Anna says:

So sad…may she rest in peace. Beautiful woman.

19. Cityside says:

Sorry to hear about WSL’s passing. So glad to see Lynn Fam under any circumstances, even to say good bye to another of our blog friends.

Cityside